Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:54:57 PM EDT
I apologize sincerely for the probable ridiculousness of this question. Those who hate noobs may want to stop reading now.

So it is possible to stick a 14.5" Bushie Barrel in an RRA Entry Tactical correct? Or will I need to buy an entirely new upper from Bushie?

Thanks for the help and feel free to flame away.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
it is possible to change the barrels out, it is not a simple matter though.

...oh, the big question: Why?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Changing barrels is pretty easy. 20 minute procedeure if you have the tools and parts.

Look at the 5th post HERE and you'll find out what you need to get the job done.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it is not a simple matter though.

Bushmaster and AGI sell "How To" videos, and you can get many of the tools from Bushmaster, Brownell's, etc.    Even here on the EE>
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it is not a simple matter though.

Bushmaster and AGI sell "How To" videos, and you can get many of the tools from Bushmaster, Brownell's, etc.    Even here on the EE>

hummmm, I did not know this? Maybe I should get a "How To" video...

not to bash the original poster, but as he does not even know it can be done, I would imagine that it would fall outside of "simple" for him? Granted, after many hundreds of barrels it does get sort of easy though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have to ask if it can be done, the answer is, probably not by you right now, but it certainly can be done.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
AR's are like tinker-toys.
Quality parts will fit with quality parts, no matter who the mfg is.
Unless of course, you have a Colt FCG.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Cake.  Just keep it legal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you have to ask if it can be done, the answer is, probably not by you right now, but it certainly can be done.

SOOOOOO TRUE!

ARs are like Legos.  Once you get a base knowledge of how they fit together, you can just try new things, and get more complex as you go, and there's really hardly any fitting that ever needs to be done.  

Other things, like bolt guns, FALs, AKs, etc require a higher degree of skill.  A friend of mine works wonders on all kinds of weapons.  I've seen him do INCREDIBLE work...I have not yet reached a 10th of his skill, but I can work on ARs all day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Well in response to several people, rest assured I will not switch out the barrel myself. I'm sure it is easy to do, and I'm a quick learner, but I may have someone do it for me this time. I won't be changing barrels with any frequency, and it will probably cost me less to have my local smith do it than it would to buy all the tools and do it myself.  I was 99.9% sure that barrels from different companies were interchangable, but I wanted to be 100% before starting the buying process. Oh, and the reason I want a 14.5" with perm. FH, instead of a 16", is simply that I do not care for the look of the 16".......somewhat less authentic IMHO. Anal and silly perhaps, but that's how I feel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I do not care for the look of the 16".......somewhat less authentic IMHO. Anal and silly perhaps, but that's how I feel.

I have my 14.5" for the same reason. I also have a 16" midlength though . . .

. . . damn this site!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Based on what you've shared, get in touch with a local gunsmith
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Never be sorrey for asking a quistion. Barrel changes are not to hard. If you have the right eguipment. And that the nice thing about the AR type rifles is how easy to work on.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Even if you get someone else to do the work for you take the time to read thru the build your own section to understand better how everything works.  If you were to have to do any trouble shooting at the range it will have been time well spent.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Even if you get someone else to do the work for you take the time to read thru the build your own section to understand better how everything works.  If you were to have to do any trouble shooting at the range it will have been time well spent.

point well taken.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top