Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/9/2005 5:09:55 PM EDT
Well...the funshow is next wknd......I have a 16"Bushmaster flat top and really enjoy it. I also have a Savage 12 bvss...I really enjoy this one too, the accuracy is "real" good. I realize that the AR will not shoot the tight groups like the Savage does...."but wait"....if I had a complete 24" stainless, flutted bull barrel or varmint upper...well maybe I could get closer to those tight groups."haveBushmaster's web site shows them for $725.00 (i think) but I understand there is a long wait...JT's shows one comparable and looks like somewhere around $ 525.00. they will probable be at this show too !! After looking a little more, seems like my better deal would be buy a kit...cheaper buy a few $$. I could just swap my Bushmaster lower back and forth untill I get a lower....hey this is looking better yet ! what do you all think about this, am I thinking in the right direction? I am new to reloading and have alot of fun working up loads that shoot well in my rifles so this could add a new challenge there too. need your thoughts...and ...thanks !
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:26:51 PM EDT
I am going to do this myself but will be using a RRA A4 20" SS 1/8 RRA to go on my Stag carbine Lower with RRA NM trigger. I am debating which FF forend and which folding Sights and Optics. Another lower later. I should be at the 1500 show myself. Last time there were quite a few really affordable 20"/24" uppers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:25:06 PM EDT
Well CAA, it's hard to believe that you and I are the only "2" that has ...uhh...thought/already done/ fill in the blank___ this.. Oh well.
what are you thinking the RRA will cost you as a complete upper? I read that the RRA is a good one. I'm trying to satisfy my mind in the J & T product as compaired to bushmaster and RRA...I mean is there really that much difference in accuracy ? will I be disappointed that I did not wait a save a few more $$. What groups are you expecting from your rifle ? How does your current configuration shoot ?
I have no one where I shoot, that has ever had an AR around for me to see how it shoots for comparisons... just currious I guess.
thanks for your reply.
Top Top