Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 5:20:48 AM EDT
Yes me again.  As the ban nears extinction I will be buying several collapsable stocks to replace my existing A2 stocks and would like your opinions.  If money were no object I would get the Crane clone by LMT.  They are around $250.00 a piece.  I think the VLTOR ($157.00) is a good comprimise and would like your opinions.  Stocks to be mounted on an M4-gery and a soon to be purchaced SPR.  I know I could get an RRA for a lot less but I am going after a certain look that the RRA doesn't offer.  

With that said, any negatives with VLTOR I should be made aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Shooter,

Great thread!  

Thanks,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to JTAC with the intention of buying the LMT Sopmod but after he let me try out the LMT and a VLTOR I decided to go with the VLTOR since it was cheaper.  But either stock is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the Vltor is about the best stock out there, especially for the money. If I were going to spend more than what a Vltor costs, I'd get a Magpul M93A rather than a Crane clone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Vltor rocks!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Called Vltor and asked some general questions.  When I told them it was for duty use, they asked if I was an officer as they give discount pricing for officers directly from them.

Sent them a photo copy of my dept ID, and got a great price.

LOVE the vltor, and what great service.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd get a Magpul M93A rather than a Crane clone.

Had the Magpul and sold it for the VLTOR.  I am starting to believe they can't be beat....
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd get a Magpul M93A rather than a Crane clone.

Had the Magpul and sold it for the VLTOR.  I am starting to believe they can't be beat....

I've got both, and like both a lot! I do think the Vltor is the better buy, but the Magpul is a super quality and very innovative piece.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]
How imortant to the feel and performance of the stock are the cheek adapters?  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Called Vltor and asked some general questions.  When I told them it was for duty use, they asked if I was an officer as they give discount pricing for officers directly from them.

Sent them a photo copy of my dept ID, and got a great price.

LOVE the vltor, and what great service.

Are we talking officer, like police officer?  Or officer in the military?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top