Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:44:11 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and some help, I recently bought a Stag Arms Limited Edition Upper Receiver for a new build, I also bought a bore straightness gauge a couple of weeks ago. Here is my problem, I cleaned the Stag upper and then inserted the bore straightness gauge and it gets stuck inside the barrel, and also I haven’t shot it yet. My question is that, is this a bad thing or is not a bad thing, also does the barrel have to be broken first before you can test the bore straightness, and if not would this be considered a defective barrel and should I call the manufacture. So any information anybody can provide me on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Veritas
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never checked the bore straightness of any firearm I've ever owned in the past (which is probably way over 100). What made you decide to check it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe the gauge is bent or out of spec, or maybe the barrel is bent.

did read a thread that a guy got a bent bbl and think it was from stag
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You might have a burr where the gas port is drilled. Does the bore look clear? You should probably clean the bore prior to checking it too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top