Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 10:45:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/4/2003 12:27:02 PM EST by chas66]
I just finished putting my upper kit together from J&T and it only took me an hour or so and I did not think that it was too hard. I have two Question 1. On the rear sight, the rear sight elevation spring pin goes through the spring??? Or do you load the spring from the bottom?? Any suggestion would help, I went throught the spring and the pin hit the spring. I have a replacement one and I would like to know the right way this time. 2 The barrel I got was the Heavy barrel 20" marked J&t 1-9, I know it is not crome lined by the price I got it for, but is the 1-9 twist barrel ok for plinking and target shooting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:30:53 PM EST
[url=old.ar15.com/parts/upperReceiver.asp]upper receiver[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:53:46 AM EST
I have that drawing, It does not show which comes first. I have a new spring installed and it workes fine. I will install the pin when I get the correct information.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:02:27 AM EST
The spring rests completly above/on the roll pin. It's tricky to get in. I use a punch to hold the spring up while driving the pin in. It's tricky. I understand the dimensions of a chrome lined barrel are more difficult to control making them less accurate on average. The 1:9 barrel is great for anything you want to do. enjoy
Top Top