Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:29:24 PM EDT
Does anyone have a drawing for the Uzi mag mod to fit in the Colt lower (9mm...)
Thankabunch
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
this would be better suited in the rimfire and pistol caliber forum.

would probably turn better replies too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
1.165 is what I have been using. Hope this helps

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply. Pretend I have never done this before and fill in the "?".
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I checked the 9 I cut. The info is as followes.

from rear to center of mag-ranges from .520 to .560

from top cut down-ranges from .270 to .275

As long as the mag release will go in to and hold the mag the two above dont mater much. With the wgt of the mag the mag will rest on the top cut at the 1.165 on the top of the mag release.

I did one at a time checking to see if they worked. I done that for the 1st 5 or so know I just cut them.

I would say you could remove your mag block put mag in and then mark. Check the above and see how close you are.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's how I did it.I lifted and rotated the mag catch out of the way,you have to push the mag button in pretty far.I also put some tape under it so it wouldn't scratch anything.Then cut the notch in the spine of the mag to clear the bolt stop.Insert the mag into the magwell all the way.Then scribe the upper and lower cut marks.I used a drill and dremel to do the hole.I've done maybe 15 or so mags this way and they all work.Just my 2 cents.

By the way,I've done several AR10 mags this way too.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top