Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 8:33:22 PM EDT
Went to range twice today.  Damnit if I didn't forget the gun keys the first time.  Only shot my CCW the first go around.  Decided I had to go back and shoot my RRA carbine.  

One of my USGI 30rd mags is really, really tight - both on insertion and removal.  I'm comparing the tight one and a good right now side-by-side, but can't see an obvious difference.  Both have the same magwell marks.  

Ideas?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
what are the "gun keys"?

Anyway..  It's probably just an older mag.  GI mags tend to widen out as they age.  It's probably no big deal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Fatten out with age irrespective of use?  I've read of folks filing down the high spots...

Gun keys for the locks.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
A few light whacks with a rubber mallet and they're good as new!   Just don't overdo it.  It'd be bad to bind up the follower, you know.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy's fix works great.  I have used it on 3 mags now.  Just go slow, take your time, and it will work perfectly.

By the way, thanks Troy!

Brad
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun Locks?  are those mandatory for transport in your state?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tip, Troy.  I tried it, but am a bit hesitant to over do it for fear of wrecking a working mag.  I'll tray again later.  

Gun locks for just in case.  No laws I'm aware of in UT.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top