Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 3:51:44 PM EDT
I was going to break-in my new clark gator with tubbs final finish and just opened the package.
The 5 different grade bullets appear almost identical in color and texture. The picture on their website show the color getting darker from bronze to black with every different grade.
Anyone know if this is normal or if something got screwed up in my package?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
no idea.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to call tubbs.  I know a guy who got them and they were all the same bullets.  They sent him a new set and even paid for the shipping.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I called and they said that the compound changed and their is no longer any significant color change.
After reading several boards, I have decided not to use it on my brand new upper. I'm just going to break it in by shooting it and then consider using Tubbs if i'm not getting the advertised 1/2 MOA accuracy.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top