Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:48:26 PM EDT
I bought a RRA A4 varmint with a 16" bull barrel. It has a free float tube which is nice, but I wanted to be able to mount a light on the side down the road. I have been using a Harris bypod and have shot some nice groups with it, but the tube handguard will rotate. At first I thought RRA set it up that way so you could use the bypod on uneven ground.

After looking closely at it, I can now see the lock ring is loose and is getting looser. What I would like to do is put a free float quad rail on it that locks down with screws. I called Larue today, they told me my bull barrel is too big for the 7" tube, which really sucked. I am looking for a rail system that will fit my barrel, and not be too huge like The Yankie Hill I saw on someone else's rifle.

Does someone make a quality rail that won't be to cumbersome-maybe a comprimise between a Larue and the Yankee? I haven't talked to Daniel Defense yet-they could work? Any ideas would be appreciated. It's either that, or put the RRA float tube back on and buy the spanner wench and whatever else is needed to tighten it up and just keep watching it to make sure it doesn't loosen up...
I don't want to buy another barrel, this one is shooting too well to justify replacing it.

-MP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top