Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 10:55:28 AM EDT
Apologies if this has been covered before...but what makes the Micro version of Troy's sights different?  I'm really wondering if I were to use these instead of the usual version if a red dot (Aimpoint PRO or Micro, for example) could be mounted at a lower height (closer to the rail) and still achieve a lower 1/3 co-witness?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the only difference is the overall height of the sights when in the deployed "up position".

The micro version would be ideal when used in conjunction on firearms with raised rails and/or low cheek comb's... otherwise the standard "Battle Sights" are most likely the better option for average cheek weld/sight alignment IMO

Edit: Copied from Troy Industries FAQ:

"For standard height sights the measurement from the top of the rail to the center of the aperture is 1.38”.

For Micro sights the measurement from the top of the rail to the center of the aperture is 1.16”.

All Troy sights fold down to a .460” profile."
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
gotfish,

If your thinking about getting a pair I'd wait until Fedbruay! I've been waiting for my buddies X_MAS gift to him since early December. They told me there backordered until late December and I've received no reply yet that it's been shipped!

Impala
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a set of Micros directly from Troy during their Black Friday weekend sale and heard a week or so before Christmas that they are back ordered until Mid Jan.   With my past experience with Troy,  I don't expect them until March...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info...I appreciate the help!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top