Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 5:34:53 AM EDT
I have a Colt 6920 Magpul with the fixed iron site.  Love it the way it is..very light and with a primary arms red dot on a American Defense higher mount, its great.  Could carry it around all day if I had to.  But, I'm thinking about converting it to a training/backup 3 gun for my Stag 3g w/ swfa 1-6x scope and angle iron sites.  What I would do is install the Troy Delta rail which they say is free floating but requires no gun smithing or removing of my gas block or iron site.  It even extends beyond the iron site.  I would then put my hold Burris Mtac 1-4x scope on the Larue QD mount on it and I could then put a set of the angled iron sites on (BTW, got a great set of those of Amazon cheap)…gotta save $$$ somewhere!  The Troy hand guard is around $200.  Good idea?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the midlength Delta and I like it, but I am running an Eotech XPS 2-0 with a Matech rear BUIS. For the setup you described, it seems redundant to have the FSP and offset irons while running a scope.  For that setup I would pick a different free float rail, ditch the FSP, and run the scope with the offset irons. There are a bunch of rail options in that price range, some of which use the stock barrel nut.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]

I absolutely love my Troy DeltaRail.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
last time I mentioned how much I liked my 15" troy alpha, I got blasted for supporting baby killers.........
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
last time I mentioned how much I liked my 15" troy alpha, I got blasted for supporting baby killers.........
View Quote

Ignore those people.
Let's not start another troy bashing thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ignore those people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore those people.

Agreed.

I have a Troy rail on my M&P15 and it's great. It's not the Delta rail but it was easy to install and it's solid. I have to echo the earlier post though about the sights. It seems redundant to throw on offset sights when you have a FSP sticking up on there. Why not replace it with a low profile gas block instead?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one. I dig it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one on for a while.  Solid the rail.  I never got use to the round shape.  

I have a Charlie rail on another rifle that I like much better.

Both work great IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Troys are great. I just ordered another one for a 300 BO SBR. I have a 15in on another gun and love it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered the Troy Delta rail hand guard this morning from CTD for my Colt 6920.  They were out of stock several other places in the carbine size.  I'm going to try it with the offset sights with a Burris Mtac 1-4x scope.  I know it may be a little much with the fixed front sight, but I've seen people hang a lot more off their AR's and its mainly there for training purposes so I have 2 rifles with similar setups.  I can easily reconfigure it by removing the QD attached scope, taking off the angle mounts and putting on on my QD mounted red dot.  That would be my primary configuring for when the Zombie hordes start storming the house!  If I get it together, I'll try to post a pic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top