Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:34:32 PM EDT
I have been looking at the Troy flip up iron sights. Does the rear sight have an elevation adjustment, and does it have the same adjustments as say an LMT rear fixed sight?  I don't know what they are called but it's where you can adjust the sights from 300 to 600 meters. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No elevation adjustment and the apertures are same-plane.  Zero at 50 yards and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 Troy rear BUIS have no elevation adjustment, the small and large hole peep sights are same plane which have the same point of aim.

If you're going to use the Troy BUIS on defensive carbines the elevation adjustment are not required because usually it takes more time to adjust the elevation.

It's not used on a Palma match (1000 yd), if you lets say in a rare occasion use it at 300 meters just hold over the sight which is faster than adjusting the rear sight.

I have Troy rear BUIS on my two carbines and a LMT BUIS on another carbine but I never used my LMT's elevation adjustment.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top