Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2019 1:12:59 AM EDT
Have a .308 build, DPMS high pattern, and the 2 SSP's I've tried aren't resetting. The 1st had hammer follow every 3-4 cycles. It also had what felt like a bump in the road while holding the trigger for reset. Returned that trigger. Replacement never resets. The trigger resets everytime I don't hold it back during cycling the action, but never when I do. Resets manually in just the lower fine. I'll try it in another lower, but the MBT I had in this lower worked without issue.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have a .308 build, DPMS high pattern, and the 2 SSP's I've tried aren't resetting. The 1st had hammer follow every 3-4 cycles. It also had what felt like a bump in the road while holding the trigger for reset. Returned that trigger. Replacement never resets. The trigger resets everytime I don't hold it back during cycling the action, but never when I do. Resets manually in just the lower fine. I'll try it in another lower, but the MBT I had in this lower worked without issue.
View Quote

And here I thought I’m crazy.

I have a brand new SSP that wouldn’t reset in an SR25 lower either. I got mad and put said SSP in a Colt AR15 lower and it works fine. The SR25 lower now have the original KAC 2-stage trigger in it and that works fine as well but I do wish I can have the SSP in the SR25 lower..
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn. Not sure I want it now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like there is a compatibility issue with some 308's.

I'd trade you an MBT for it

You could list it on the EE. G gear normally sells pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Arrived from OP today. I can return it. My ideal trigger, in theory. Been waiting years for it, but I want that crossover compatibility.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe go for the SSA-E.  I like mine on my 6.5.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not the triggers fault. It's the fact that there is no common spec for the "AR10" variant, or whatever you want to call them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my SSP. But there are some compatibility issues.

My SSP doesn't reset in my 2a Arms Balios Lite lower when I mount the KNS anti rotation pins. But it works perfect in an Aero lower with KNS pins.
And it also works in my 2a lower when I use the original equipped pins.

And there are issues with some 45 degree safeties.

Sometimes the SSP can be a bitch. But if you make this princess a dignified environment, you will like any time you use.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What did Geissele say about the issue?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I would suspect the DPMS is the issue, not Geissele.

I have one in an LWRC CSASS and it runs luke buttah
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I was so excited when these were announced as I am a single stage trigger man. Then the price was revealed, and I laughed and wrote off Geissele as there were already great single stage triggers on the market for drastically less. Sad to see problems with them, but glad I didn't buy into the fanaticism.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont see the Geissele triggers having a cult like following here like the Larue model.
Those are like cheap PayLess shoes that hurt your feet.

Geissele for the win.

OP

Put the trigger in another rifle and see your problems go away.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I put my SSP and SSAE in my ar15s and a SD3G in my 308. Love them, love geissele. Worth every dollar.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I put one in my LMT MWS.
Wouldn’t reset. Spoke with Geissele, was told that the SSP wasn’t tested in AR-10 pattern rifles.
Went back to the Hi-Speed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did Geissele say about the issue?
View Quote
This is a non-issue because they don't recommend using 3rd party pins in their products:
Video
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe go for the SSA-E.  I like mine on my 6.5.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/Resized_20190209_105134_jpeg-839321.JPG
View Quote
@jaqufrost,  I tried to IM but your box is full.

Can you tell me what that is mounted above your scope?
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's the Radius rangefinder. It's coaxed with the scope. Whatever you put the scopes crosshairs on, it automatically displays the range.

I like them. Wish I could afford Raptors like SF use though
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the SSP in my Aero M5 308, with KNS pins.  Aero BCG.  works fine.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's the Radius rangefinder. It's coaxed with the scope. Whatever you put the scopes crosshairs on, it automatically displays the range.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Have you cycled your trigger with the upper removed to see if its hiiting your safety
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I just built two zev ar10s, both with ssp and they function fine. Used the G pins, and radian safety. Ar10s are goofy due to the lack of uniformity, but idk about this one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#21]
My upper and lower are Aero. Put it in a .300 blackout pistol. Not happy about their .308 oversight however.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top