Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 6:14:46 PM EDT
I finally got my TA31-F today. I've looked through them before so it was just as I expected... beautiful, clear site picture. I did find that I had to mount it on the most rearward rail position in order to get the proper eye relief (Colt M4 Flattop).
The odd thing is my 12yo son is having real problems using it. He says he can't see a clear chevron or any of the reticle features clearly. I took the scope off the rifle and had him hold it by hand and move it in and out, up and down, etc.. Even told him to try with one eye closed. Has anyone else had this problem or do I need to get his eyes checked?
It very odd because I what I see is a perfect site picture. No matter what the eye relief distance, the reticle stays clear for me.
--RR
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
He's messing with you [;)]
Maybe he's looking for the wrong thing and not finding it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's messing with you [;)]
Maybe he's looking for the wrong thing and not finding it?
View Quote

the little shit... he probably is messing with me ...lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont have him close his eye. Dont have him look for the reticle. Just look right past the scope with both eyes open at the target area in front of you. IT should show up clear as day. If you close an eye or try to look into the scope to see the reticle inside, it will be very hard to see.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.jackiechan.com/bradallan/images/downloads/screensavers/cross-eyed.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Follow new_arguy's advice. The chevron is the thinnest reticle and blurs out the easiest if your eyes aren't focused right (two eyes open, focus on target). I had the same problem the first time I tried the chevron.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Follow new_arguy's advice. The chevron is the thinnest reticle and blurs out the easiest if your eyes aren't focused right (two eyes open, focus on target). I had the same problem the first time I tried the chevron.
View Quote

I will certainly take this advice and have him give it a try. I spent a lot of money on the ACOG was expecting he'd use it the most as the M4 is his favorite gun to shoot. If the scope just doesn't "work" for him I'll be glad to put it on the preban 20" I'm planning to build. He can go back to iron's, a reflective or maybe even an aimpoint.
--RR
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont know why but I have a hard time seeing the reticle and the background clearly at the same time using a TA31, and the chevron is the hardest reticle for me to see as well.  I have no trouble using the TA11 or low powered compact ACOGs however.  Has he ever looked through a different ACOG and seen the reticle clearly?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top