Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:59:40 PM EDT
Trying to attach a Midwest Industries rail to replace handguard on my RRA CAR A4.  Can't seem to get it on.  Seems it is a hair too long.  I am sure it is operator error.  Anybody have any tips on how to pull the delta ring and stabilize it while trying to insert the rail lips under the flanges.  My fingers seem to get in the way as well.  Do they make a tool for this? Would a rubber mallet help here?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]
An HRT (Handguard Removal Tool, NOT Hostage Recue Team, although they could be of help, too)is highly recommended by alot of people for this.  Enlist a buddy or spouse (although, if you use the spouse, let her fit the HG while you pull back on the ring.  LOL

Alot of the dealers on ere sell the tool for anywhere from $12-$20.  It uses leverage from the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
An HRT (Handguard Removal Tool, NOT Hostage Recue Team, although they could be of help, too)is highly recommended by alot of people for this.  Enlist a buddy or spouse (although, if you use the spouse, let her fit the HG while you pull back on the ring.  LOL

Alot of the dealers on ere sell the tool for anywhere from $12-$20.  It uses leverage from the magwell.

Last week when I installed my MI handguards, I enlisted the help of my wife. Just like no-knock suggested, I pulled back on the Delta ring and my wife fit the handguards in place. Using two hands on the Delta ring can get it back far enough.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Handguard removal tools are expensive.  I used a pair of rubber-gripped pliers around the delta ring to hold it back while a buddy put the rails on.  The MI rails are harder to install, ut they are rock solid!  Just remember to use the rubber coated pliers!  Otherwise you can imagine the results.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top