Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:45:28 PM EDT
So I know of a good deal on a TA01NSN that is about 8 years old, but otherwise in great shape. My only concern would be the tritium brightness, and getting it recharged at Trijicon.

How long does it take?

How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance!

ETA: I'm just looking for rough guesstimates based on people who have had this done before. I know that the firm answer on price will come from Trijicon themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
if i remember correctly it was about $100-200 and a few weeks turnaround.
why not shoot them an email, would be the best bet getting it from the horse mouth
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon warranty is 12 years on lamp... is it failing after 8?

I just sent them a TA01 that is 18 years old. Replaced lamp and prism assembly for $250 including return shipping.
Trijicon said about 10 days from receipt on return, and they shipped it back 11 days after receiving. Looks great now but it's going back on there dime cuz now it's totally out of focus. They claim it will be expedited on repair and return this time!! Call them 1-800-338-0563 as for Jim Clark in customer Service.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

12 years is the half-life of tritium. It dims as it grows older, just like the rest of us.

Replaced lamp and prism assembly for $250 including return shipping. Trijicon said about 10 days from receipt on return, and they shipped it back 11 days after receiving. Looks great now but it's going back on there dime cuz now it's totally out of focus. They claim it will be expedited on repair and return this time!! Call them 1-800-338-0563 as for Jim Clark in customer Service.

Per eklikwhoa's suggestion, I emailed them and that's what they say.

Unfortunately, that $250.00 makes my good deal not so good, as I could just get a NIB TAO01NSN.

Ah well. Thanks for the help anyways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, cheaper now might make it doable, then wait a bit and see how much night use you really get out of it. Then drop the 200 in a year if you need it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
the tritium burnt out all together in my compact acog in just under 4 years
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 years is the half-life of tritium. It dims as it grows older, just like the rest of us.

Replaced lamp and prism assembly for $250 including return shipping. Trijicon said about 10 days from receipt on return, and they shipped it back 11 days after receiving. Looks great now but it's going back on there dime cuz now it's totally out of focus. They claim it will be expedited on repair and return this time!! Call them 1-800-338-0563 as for Jim Clark in customer Service.

Per eklikwhoa's suggestion, I emailed them and that's what they say.

Unfortunately, that $250.00 makes my good deal not so good, as I could just get a NIB TAO01NSN.

Ah well. Thanks for the help anyways.

Of course, you could use this repair cost as the basis for negotiating a lower purchase price.  It's bound to have some wear on it.  It needs to be repaired at a ost of $250.  You were originally offered it a X below new price, therefore, you offer X-$250.  The reason is, "I could just get a NIB TAO01NSN".  If they say yes, you got the deal you wanted.  If they say no, you pass and say, "thanks but no thanks".
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top