Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 11:26:33 PM EDT
A friend of mine an I are having a disagreement.

What part of your finger should rest on the trigger?  The middle of the pad?  Just beyond the first (tip) joint (towards the end of the finger)?

I have an A2 grip and it doesn't quite fit me as I think it should; my fingers seem a little long for it.  I wind up with the trigger below the end knuckle; nobody shoots like that.

So, what part of my finger should be on the trigger, and what is your favorite aftermarket grip to thicken the backstrap?

TIA

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Middle of the pad.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
tip
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Middle of the pad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]

+1  I like to use the middle of the first digit.  Then again, what ever works best for you is "the best".
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever allows YOU to pull the trigger straight to the rear.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 with whatever you are comfortable with and lets you pull straight back to thr rear, without alot of effort
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
middle of pad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the middle of the first pad. For me, it provides much more control on trigger squeeze.

If your hand feels too big for the standard A2 grip, Magpul's MIAD kit should have the right configuration for you.

Where price is a concern, the Falcon Ergo Grip or First Samco's G-27 could be viable alternatives for a grip with a larger backstrap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]
As mentioned above, the middle of the pad on the tip of your finger *should* be where the trigger rests.  However, it appears that folks that have larger hands usually end up w/the trigger resting in the first joint of the trigger finger or somewhere on that second pad.  Hell, I'm a south paw so I do every thing wrong anyways! If it works for you, it may be best to just stick w/ what you know.

I finally stepped up some w/ the addition of a First Samco (FOBUS) G-27 grip.  I must say that it took me by surprise because the trigger feels weird having it's purchase w/ my trigger finger shifted due to the grip.  As much as I like the G-27 grip, I keep hearing this echo, "MIAD, MIAD, MIAD"....  I'll certainly be checking out the MIAD in the future.  If I'd have heard about it before my G-27 purchase I'd have probably checked into it as it would appear folks here highly recommend it.  The FOBUS grip puts the trigger just in front of the first joint for me as opposed to the middle of the pad.  Perhaps the MIAD will give that little bit extra and allow my trigger finger to rest naturally in the middle of the pad.  (Then I'll probably have to learn my trigger control for the AR15 all over again!)

It's also noteworthy that just because I've modified the grip to place the trigger more at the tip of my finger, I may just go back to using a standard A2 grip and having the trigger rest on my second TF pad.  It's worked for over a decade, and as long as it works for me- that's all that really matters.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Tip ... to be consistent with how I shoot my pistol.  Of course both have had a trigger jobs hence have a lighter trigger pull which makes for using just the tip easier.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top