Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:53:35 AM EDT
I assembled my first ar yesterday and took it to the range today.  The trigger wasn't resetting after every shot.  So I went home and took it apart, it seems that the trigger spring is above the disconnector.  Is this how it's supposed to be, as it doesn't want to seem to stay below the disconnector.hinking.gif

Jim
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#1]
man you got problems.
look at an exploded diagram to see how to install the spring
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
oh, i see it now, wasn't very clear on the building instructions.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
oh, i see it now, wasn't very clear on the building instructions.

Oh, so now it's MY fault?  

One thing that is clear.... is to perform a complete trigger function and safety test FIRST, BEFORE firing the weapon... which obviously you didn't do!  

Glad you got it fixed.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
When I fuction checked it the trigger did reset...so I took it to the range, best I can remember I had the spring under the disconnector so it reset a few times.  Oh well, it's fixed now.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top