Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 1:54:46 PM EDT
Here's the senario: I have a couple of Webley revolvers I'm trying to sell. I have a guy who's offered a Oly Plinker straight across for the two revolvers.

My question: Is the Plinker worth having? Has anyone actually owned/shot these? Could I change out the lower later on for a forged unit or should I not be worried about it?

This would be my first AR-15 and I don't shoot many rifle rounds a year (no rifle-friendly ranges available).

TIA,
Mike
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Take them to a couple of gunshops and ask for the current value, or trade-in value.  Even offer to give the guy a couple of bucks for his time....or look them up on line.  Then you'll know if your the effer or the effee.  Personally I don't think British pistols are the preemo collectibles like German stuff.  You can still get a WWII Enfield .38 revolver for a hundred bucks all day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
FAC has the Plinker for $499. Figure in shipping and transfer cost and you have the value of a NIB one.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top