Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 7:04:38 PM EDT
When I was assembling my lower receiver, the finish got nicked in a couple places (right around the bolt release). Is there anything that I can use to touch it up? It's not real bad, but I'd like it to look new.

http://home.woh.rr.com/mrsphipps/AR15C.JPG
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]

For small receiver scratches I've had good luck with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black.  It matches well and is easy to use...

www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/707229

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Tagged for info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Camo the whole thing!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Use vise grips with the jaws taped next time to prevent this from even happening. I assembled a lower for the first time last week using vise grips instead of punches on the roll pins and no scratches at all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I did use vise grips with the jaws taped. I pushed the pin in a little too far before putting the bolt catch in and when I put the catch it it scraped against the side.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top