Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:38:47 AM EDT
What are the tools I should get for my build? I know I need a set of channel locks and some leather for the M4 buttstock if I cannot get the m4 stock tool from my buddy.

But what else do I need to put this bad boy together?

I have alot of tools in my shop Its just a matter of bringing them all back to my house for the assembly?

Its a stripped lower with a parts kit and complete uppper...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
A small punch to drive in pins. A plastic tip hammer. a playing card to lay on the lower as you tap in the mag rel pin. And the inside of a ball point pen to hold down the take down pin spring as you slide the pin in. Worked for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Electrical tape and pliers.

A brass punch and hammer.

Maybe a nylon punch.

a 4" length of 2x4.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I put together a stripped lower using nothing more than a hammer, vise grips with the jaws taped and a nail. I didn't get a single scratch on the lower either.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, let's see. The firecontrol pins can almost be pushed in by hand, with the exception being getting the hammer pin past the J-spring. A 3/32" punch and small hammer to install the bolt catch roll pin.

Tack hammer
3/32" punch
Painter's tape (to prevent scratches when installing bolt catch)
Telestock wrench

That should do it. These are the only tools we used in armorer's class for the lower receiver, and in 10 minutes we could strip a complete buttstocked lower and reassemble it completely.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#6]
it was super easy putting it together, I just used channel lock plyers with a leather strap, I have a m4 stock tool now but at the time I didn't have one...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I had nothing more than just a hammer.. tape and a nail in which I hammered the end flat to use as a punch lol.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top