Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 8:19:27 PM EDT
So, for my 601 lower, I'm going to get the lower parts kit in the next few days. The selector will have a notch in it. I'm curious as to whether anyone has successfully covered it up. I'm thinking JB weld and some gray paint as a temporary fix, since I lack the funds to buy a different selector. I'm also thinking of trying to drill a shallow hole in the middle of the selector and takedown pin to replicate the 601 pins. I think I'm a bit too inexperienced and cowardly to attempt this though. I'm just curious as to what you guys do to fake period correct parts on the cheap! Thanks for your advice.

-C.C.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
from personal experience, those lower parts so VERY heat treated.  i tried using a carbide drill bit on a buddy's drill press and couldn't make a dent.  on the safety, there's plenty of places that sell them without the notch for about $9 or $10, just buy it.  you'll be much happier.  on the small parts, get them from heatnbeat.  he does a great job at a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact heatnbeat, he will fix you up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. I'll just install the thing after doing the naval jelly trick for now. Later on I can swap out parts when I have more money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
DEFINATLY HEATNBEAT!!!!!!! Great stuff,you WILL be VERRRY happy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of Heat n beat's pins. Go ahead, spend the money. Scrimp on generic twinkies!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top