Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:19:27 PM EST
So, for my 601 lower, I'm going to get the lower parts kit in the next few days. The selector will have a notch in it. I'm curious as to whether anyone has successfully covered it up. I'm thinking JB weld and some gray paint as a temporary fix, since I lack the funds to buy a different selector. I'm also thinking of trying to drill a shallow hole in the middle of the selector and takedown pin to replicate the 601 pins. I think I'm a bit too inexperienced and cowardly to attempt this though. I'm just curious as to what you guys do to fake period correct parts on the cheap! Thanks for your advice.

-C.C.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:41 PM EST
from personal experience, those lower parts so VERY heat treated. i tried using a carbide drill bit on a buddy's drill press and couldn't make a dent. on the safety, there's plenty of places that sell them without the notch for about $9 or $10, just buy it. you'll be much happier. on the small parts, get them from heatnbeat. he does a great job at a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:01:10 PM EST
Contact heatnbeat, he will fix you up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:47:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:30:57 PM EST
Cool. I'll just install the thing after doing the naval jelly trick for now. Later on I can swap out parts when I have more money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:09:26 PM EST
DEFINATLY HEATNBEAT!!!!!!! Great stuff,you WILL be VERRRY happy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:32 PM EST
Some of Heat n beat's pins. Go ahead, spend the money. Scrimp on generic twinkies!
Top Top