Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 11:02:02 PM EDT
Another thread got me curious.  Has ANYONE used one of these thumb hanger type grips on their AR?  These are the odd FN P90 type grip that Falcon (Ergo) Ind. used to make (don't see it on their website anymore.  What are they like?  Are they useable?  They also make the survival grip, basically a chopped grip, enough for two finger grip to reduce the rifle dimensions.  Anyone experience either grip?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
there are 2 that are commercially available:

ZMweapons makes one, at the bottom of the accessories page: http://zmweapons.com/accessories.htm

and the company that makes the FAB-10 receiver makes one also, which comes with an approval letter from the ATF:
http://www.gogogadgets.net/whats_new.htm

Personally, I like the ZMweapons grip better.

They call it a "horizontal grip". ZM has some sweet rifles two, but too expensive for my modest income.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I must admit those are uuuggglllyyy as hell....
But heck, you can mount a silencer if you really must
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]

an interesting idea though. My friends told me they wouldn't shoot with me anymore if I showed up with a thumbhanger on my ARs. I would like to try one, though, to see how they fare ergonomically.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It may be ugly but it would allow you to use evil features
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I know, thats why they tempt me. They are about 50 bucks though. I wonder how hard it would be to make one. It can't be rocket science. Would be nice to have that letter from the BATF that comes with them, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

an interesting idea though. My friends told me they wouldn't shoot with me anymore if I showed up with a thumbhanger on my ARs. I would like to try one, though, to see how they fare ergonomically.
View Quote

If you think that's ugly, have you seen the Pachmayr Vindicator grip for the AR???

Yes, the horizontal type grips ARE ugly, and I don't want to waste the money to try one out.  I saw one post a long while ago that said they tried it, but I can't remember what it said.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the extended tail for? What purpose does it serve?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top