Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:49:26 AM EDT
I want to get a throw lever mount for my HoloSight II (N cell).

The three I've found are as follows . . .

A.R.M.S.®  Universal Platform DOVETAIL/STANAG THROW LEVER MOUNT
ITEM #19A  $140

A.R.M.S.® Throw Lever Dove Tail Mount
ITEM #17DR $79

A.R.M.S. new EOTECH See-Thru Mount.
ITEM #54 LR1EO $99

I'm not really concerned about co-witnessing (I have flip up front and rear sights).  I'm not thrilled with the extra hight of the See-Thru mount.  

I guess my main question is, will the single Throw Lever Dove Tail Mount, even though it is a little short for the Eo-Tech, still give me a good repeatable zero or should I double the price and go with the Universal Platform?  Do I have any other options?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Just for fun, I tried putting my EO Tech 552 on my ARMS #19S. While it would fit on the #19S' rail, the throw lever couldn't close because the base of the 552 is too wide. Unless the throw level mount in built into the EO Tech itself, the mount has to raise the sight up about 1/2" or so.

I don't know if that helps you out but I figured it was worth mentioning. A little while ago, I posed the same question and all replies were in the negative - ARMS does not currently make a mount that you can use with the EO Tech.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just for fun, I tried putting my EO Tech 552 on my ARMS #19S. While it would fit on the #19S' rail, the throw lever couldn't close because the base of the 552 is too wide. Unless the throw level mount in built into the EO Tech itself, the mount has to raise the sight up about 1/2" or so.

I don't know if that helps you out but I figured it was worth mentioning. A little while ago, I posed the same question and all replies were in the negative - ARMS does not currently make a mount that you can use with the EO Tech.
View Quote

You can definitly use the third mount in my list.  A.R.M.S. new EOTECH See-Thru Mount.
ITEM #54 LR1EO $99    I just don't like that it moves the sight that much higher.

Also, the HOLOSight II is thinner than the 552 as it doesn't have the metal shroud.

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you are correct about the LR1EO. I totally glossed over that because we know it will work but, general consensus is that it's pretty much useless for anything but extremely close range because of the height it raises it above the bore (1.25" to be exact).

Hey, I wish there was something that worked with the EO Techs. I'm probably going to get an Aimpoint just so I can have a QD RTZ red-dot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The #54 was specialy made by request of  troops with extended raised rails (SIR's)and who wanted direct std. access to the irons and the heads up display above the irons. The heads up is used with the stock collapsed and held mid chest for faster reaction entry work in tight places. You can't co witness with irons and and red dot/eotech in low light, you can't see the irons.
Good shootin, Jack  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top