Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 12:02:42 AM EDT
Scrolling down the dash i see this...

I've tried searching for the obvious, like forearm, butt-stock strap, AR-15 Mods, blah blah blah

But I haven't found anything. Does anyone have experience or insight to what the device in the photo above is and how it works?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol

Brace yourself, it's a SIG you're looking for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That is Jerry Miculek shooting twin ar pistols akimbo style with sig braces.

Jerry Miculek Video Akimbo Shooting

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Change your stencil font, Opie.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you even Sig brace bro?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol

View Quote

And nice bewbz

OP- they're just sig braces. Very common on AR pistols because it basically makes an SBR legal without a tax stamp with one installed. You're just not supposed to shoulder it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Bet that will be in a call of duty game one day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And nice bewbz

OP- they're just sig braces. Very common on AR pistols because it basically makes an SBR legal without a tax stamp with one installed. You're just not supposed to shoulder it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Nothing illegal about shouldering a pistol...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Unless you bought it specifically to do so. It's all about "intentions".
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And nice bewbz

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

And nice bewbz

You can shoulder a Sig Brace all you want to. Stop spreading mis-information.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Does that mean I can shoulder my 1911?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Wrong!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Incorrect!

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
That's the exact letter I had in mind when I made my previous remark...As I re-read it, I can clearly see that it only matters how the manufacturer intends for it to be used, so that's outstanding news. I was under the impression that this was the last little grey area in the issue, but I am happy to be wrong in this case.

TL;DR: The Maker's intended use is the only thing that matters on this item; the buyer's intended use is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

First of all KMA, second of all my information was from before this letter from the ATF was typed up. Before that was a grey area that I stated.  Sorry I inconvenienced you with  my pre March 2014 info, now go back to coloring your coloring books.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First of all KMA, second of all my information was from before this letter from the ATF was typed up. Before that was a grey area that I stated.  Sorry I inconvenienced you with  my pre March 2014 info, now go back to coloring your coloring books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Why the defensiveness?

This is a technical forum. What you posted was (unintentionally, perhaps) incorrect. He corrected you. Learn from your mistake and move on. No need for personal attacks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Two very different ways of handling criticism seen here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why the defensiveness?

This is a technical forum. What you posted was (unintentionally, perhaps) incorrect. He corrected you. Learn from your mistake and move on. No need for personal attacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

And nice bewbz

Why the defensiveness?

Don't worry, with his posting style his time here will be limited.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Clharr, for somebody that "quit posting in the tech forums" you sure post in the tech forums alot, with the majority of it not being tech.

For the guy that asked why defensive, I didn't feel defensive when I posted it. When these sig braces first came out the general consensus was that you were not supposed to shoulder them, (grey area) I was not aware the ATF had later addressed this so if you consider that "wrong" then I apologize to YOU. Key word. You. I see it more as "un-updated" but call it what you will.

The guy I said it to only said the misinformation part because I went off on him for attacking another member that posted a thread about Robin Williams dying, said poster was sad about this and misinform dude was a complete asshole to him. So yea, I stood up for him, that is why I didn't give him a respectful response.

And as for the sig braces in an attempt to keep things tech, i'm glad to hear the update. I know nobody would only use it as a brace even if it was the law, but i'll feel more comfortable going to the range and shouldering it this way.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Personal attacks, general stupidity, and not really technical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top