Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:26 PM EDT
all i wanted was a telestock!

decided to be-bannify the bushmaster, so i wandered over this way to get the necessary info.

well, the stock came in today, and thanks to FALARAK's thread, i had the thing replaced and function checked in <30min, of which 10+min were spent searching for a launched buffer retainer spring.

then i screwed up...

i browsed the forum.

not an hour later, i am already pricing out my first full build, and i JUST cleared out the CC, so tragically i  have a lot of available credit.  

now where do you find SPR bbls?

damn you all to the pit of hell!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the equipment exchange tab above.

Welcome to the only thing more addictive than cocaine - building AR's!   hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
1600+ posts and you didn't catch BRD until now? What took you so long???
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

check out ADCO

welcome to BRD.....kinda late though
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
same thing just happened to me.  I had a spare brown magpul laying around along with a set of 4 rail handguards so of course I just HAD to go get a lower and since the magpul was brown I decided to get some Duracoat and the bbl with a flip up front sight came in from Del-ton today.  

I'm thinking I'll do a picture thread on the build.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

just never thought about building one before.  i'm a lot more attached to my 1911, but i'd never think about building one of those.  

this all came up because i thought about trading my a2 posty for an a3, then realized that it'd be a lot cheaper to de-ban the posty, and worry about the flattop at another time.

then it occurs to me "well, i could just rebuild the upper...", and things snowballed from there.

now all of a sudden i'm thinking about keeping the a2 and building an a3 from scratch.  after all, who needs money?  sawdust is perfectly nutritious, and rather tasty when you put dirt on it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever you do, don't look at the CMMG website, or the Lewis Machine and Tool web site, or the Magpul web site, or the Eotech website....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Head over the Equipment Exchange or the Industry section and check out these suppliers:

ADCO Firearms
G&R Tactical (sells Noveske Rifleworks SPR barrels)
Denny's Guns/ Global Tactical Supply
JTAC Supply
MGI (sells ABS barrels with carbon fiber exterior for cooling)
MSTN

I had been a long time AR user since my first SP-1 back in '71 but last year I was buying an Aimpoint dot sight so I looked at this site and found a seller and I bought it.

That was a big mistake too, the Aimpoint and this site turned on my Black Rifle Disease really bad and I also had to build a M16A2 clone with a 20" Gov't profile barrel.

After that was done I got a 16" M4 upper and a CAR lower and I put it together, not done yet I then bought a mid length gas system barrel and converted one of my HBAR carbine.

BRD up to now is still making me build a 20" match upper which is my current project as of now.

I'm with you, I hate this place.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL.
Bought my first AR about a month ago.  Now I have 2 lowers, and I am building a varminter.  This place is an 'assault weapon' on my credit card.  I must have run up a grand by now on parts for my build.  hould

Lois

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
"now all of a sudden i'm thinking about keeping the a2 and building an a3 from scratch. after all, who needs money? sawdust is perfectly nutritious, and rather tasty when you put dirt on it."

Sawdust???  Here's a recipe for AR-addicts:

1qt of Kroil
1/2 lb of aluminum shavings from an old A-1 upper
2 FSB's diced with a Dremel
2 chopped handguards
4 thinly sliced sections from a barrel cut down
handful of used cotton patches
dash of CLP to taste

Simmer while building that latest gun-however long that takes. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
No one dragged you to this website. But since your here you have BRD an OCD obsession to obtain parts, rifles, optics, mags and ammo. It's all down hill from here! I bought 1 gun 5years ago after being away from guns and in a matter of a few months it was 6-7 guns.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#11]
CMMG makes a nice SPR-ish barrel...

And welcome to the Sickness

Don't know why.. but building is almost funner than shooting.. almost..
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Denny at Dennysguns and Paul at Bravo Company are my favorite BRD crack dealers.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I've built 8 ARs in the last year so I guess I'm infected.

Last month I bought two Browning 1919A4 kits and now I find I have a belt fed disease too.  Once you spend all the money on the tooling it just wouldn’t make sense to only build one.  Now my brother bought a kit and another buddy bought two more.  Lights will be on in the shop late for a while.

Looks like I’m going to need yet another safe.

I don’t know why my wife puts up with me.  I must still be able to put a smile on her face.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#14]
It's really worse than I've seen admitted by anyone - how many of you arfcommers spend more time surfing arfcom, including postings, emailings, etc., than you actually spend building and shooting?? I admit it (and my wife will confirm it!) - I spend way more time on this website than can posssibly be healthy! And I find myself halfway through my favorite TV shows without half a clue as to what's going on!! Like the "up to my eyeballs in debt" guy in the commercial says  - "SOMEBODY HELP ME"!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

much like my drinking he must have built up a tolerance...

admittedly there are worse diseases to have contracted...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the dark side...

I decided I wanted an AR... then I figured with as much as my friends modified their stock AR's to get what they wanted, I should just buy parts and build the AR I want, save closet space storing stock parts.

So then I started thinking about a pistol cal upper, and a varmint upper, and then a lower to keep from having to constantly change uppers, and OH MY GOD!!! THEY'RE BREEDING!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]
*Voice of Darth Varder*

Young Skywalker, JOIN THE DARK SIDE, you will see what the power will offer

*Young Skywalker's Voice*     Yes, Father ....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Try the equipment exchange tab above.

Welcome to the only thing more addictive than cocaine - building AR's!  

I just ordered my very first stripped lower.........just when I thought I would start saving money......lol......here comes the "gotta build a few of my own" craze.........Oh well......we bought the wife's Bushie already assembled, and I am a mechanical kind of guy, so I  know I can do this......I will keep you posted.....besides, when your on a tight budget, like a lot of us are, you can only order so many parts at a time......I think this is going to end me up in some therapy............"Hi, my name is Jarhead, and I'm an AR15 addict...."......
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Here.

Yes this website is evil, as my credit card can attest to as well
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top