Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2004 5:10:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks cool, I also think it would look a whole lot cooler if it was a 1911 hangin there instead of that piece of euro plastic
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
To borrow a phrase from all you XM8 haters out there, a solution to a problem that does not exist.

Nice ZM rifle though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that was a taser at first.  What a silly device.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
A vertical grip that you can bust a cap with?  I could see the advantage of having it if your mag goes empty and you need to put out a few more shots.  Seem like it would get in the way though, kinda big.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
That's for targets out past 500 yards right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]
3 lbs (loaded) at the muzzle end of my weapon is not something I want in combat unless it launches explosive projectiles (M209).
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I can under stand the idea but if SHTF I think youd squeez at the wrong place and time.  Ya get used to holding the verticle grip with whole hand.  

Whoops sorry forgot it has a trigger hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
It'd only be somewhat cool if the Glock had "the switch".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]

That's tooooo tactical!

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]
How does that not interfere with the slide?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#12]
To heck with the pistol, where can I get a handguard set-up like that. Looks like an FNC style handguard.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Both of them are solutions looking for a problems (the pistol and the ZM).
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How does that not interfere with the slide?

It looks to me like the pistol is attached via the light rail on the bottom of the frame.  So the slide isn't attached to anything directly.

Don't know why you'd do something like that to an AR, but I could see it's usefulness attached to a bolt action rifle...

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#15]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely one of the stupidest things I've ever seen!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like it would be a SBR because now that pistol has a shoulder stock
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A vertical grip that you can bust a cap with?  I could see the advantage of having it if your mag goes empty and you need to put out a few more shots.  Seem like it would get in the way though, kinda big.

I agree that it's probably a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, but I can't help to wonder if you could fire the pistol while changing a mag in the rifle.

I'm sure you could but not accurately.

Only if you stopped your reload, dropped your new mag, changed your grip, re-sighted/ pointed your weapon, and then fired.  Working on reloads would be quicker.

I think Spooge had the answer.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, forget the above, look at what TDI Arms makes.

Universal Tactical Adaptor

They also make one for a Mp5, Ak and the Micro Galil

TDI Universal Tactical Adaptor
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#19]
A device that compromises the safety and effectiveness of BOTH weapons.
Just what we need!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#20]
So basically, when your AR mag is empty you are left with an extrememty heavy, hard to aim pistol, right?

Why not just get a pistol caliber SMG and a rifle caliber Glock?

That is about the stupidist thing I have seen... even with "tactical" in the name i can't see anyone from here buying something so dumb.

Correction... the people who have 37mm 203 flare guns on their AR's are probably jerking off to this thing.

Now, if it was a Glock with a rifle mount on the rail attachment point I might get one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have any idea what that thing is coming out of the back of the slide on the glock in the TDI pic? Manual striker cocker or somthing???? Looks weird....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Probably a cocking handle, since you wouldn't be able to manipulate the slide in the usual way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Someone please kick my ass if I ever start thinking shit like that is cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#24]
have you seen my baseball?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
To heck with the pistol, where can I get a handguard set-up like that. Looks like an FNC style handguard.  

Proprietary to the ZM Weapons systems.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh c'mon you guy's! Can't you tell an ultra new grenade launcher when you see one?That is all that is ! It may look like a Glock but it is really a multy caliber grenade launcher firing nuclear war head ,depleted uranium, incendiary ,CS, HE tracers that have their own sattelite to ensure accuracy. Oh they also have thier own PIN.Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#27]
That's so fuckin' stupid that they should have aimed it back toward the shooter in case TS really HTF.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
can someone ID that gasblock for me?

I like it and since I am looking for a replacement for my FSB and want a folding front site...well that combo looks perfect-
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#29]
That particular piece of trash came from the Blackwell shootoff that happened a while ago.  As many have noted, it is a solution in search of a problem.  Worse, it probably causes more problems than it would ever solve.  Handguards look neat, but looking neat doesn't mean anything if it doesn't work.

So maybe it has some moviemaker appeal.  We'll see it as a futuristic weapon in some movie.

Or will the gungrabbers have a fit and declare it a WMD?

Those LaRue rounds (5.56mm) that were shown off at Blackwell were interesting, though.  Turns hunks of meat into hamburger, pierce anything, and can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

edited for some really bad spelling
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I like it and since I am looking for a replacement for my FSB and want a folding front site...well that combo looks perfect-

Proprietary to the ZM Weapons systems.  The ZM weapons use a combination gas/piston upper receiver, which is why they can use folding stocks.  The gas block can only be purchased with an entire ZM upper, which ain't cheap, nor are they easily acquired.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#31]
cool and "evil"

not practical or advantageous
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Plus the addition of a stock on a pistol would make the pistol an AOW correct?  I wonder what the legal implications of that setup would be...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#33]
cool looking, but not very practical.  Give me my rifle, with a sling, and a tactical holster for the sidearm and i'm good to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Proprietary to the ZM Weapons systems.  The ZM weapons use a combination gas/piston upper receiver, which is why they can use folding stocks.  The gas block can only be purchased with an entire ZM upper, which ain't cheap, nor are they easily acquired.

Close but no cigar. The ZM does not have a gas piston, just a forward operating rod/spring to do away with the need for a rear buffer. It still uses direct gas impingment like a standard AR15. If it had a gas piston system, I would be all over that baby.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Christ... that is one ghastly contraption.

Get a holster... if you are caught in a mag change you need to get a grip back on it in the first place.... might as well grab your pistol from your hip (or chosen area)

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#36]
[Gecko_45 mode on]

Hey, I like that it's just the sort of thing I could use on my roll out weapon.   As you know, the 5.56x45mm lethality is a factor of impact velocity and muzzle velocity.    Well, taking into account the tight confines of my tactical patrol golf cart I have had to settle for an SBR AR15 with a barrel length of only 6 inches.     By being able to mount my Glock 69, chambered for +P+P+P+P+P+ Crazy Bastard Commie Magnum Butt Stomper, under the barrel I now have the option of using a truely lethal chambering and make myself look more imposing.

Just a quick request though, it is obvious that the sights cannot be used properly as the weapon mounts below the barrel of the rifle.    I propose that you orient the handgun 90degrees away from vertical so that the gun is oriented horizontally, parallel with the ground.    That would allow a proper "tactical" hold of the weapon and make others out there realise you mean business.    Gang bangers recognize this time honored shooting method and will think twice before messing with anyone who knows as much about shooting as they do.

[Gecko_45 mode off]

Yep, that bad boy should be mounted sideways so that it can use the homeboy night sights yo!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

tdiarms.com/_Uploads/8125.jpg

They also make one for a Mp5, Ak and the Micro Galil

TDI Universal Tactical Adaptor

Dont forget about the US Army M16 with the sawed off Remington 870 underneath!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#38]
An undermount shotgun has a legitimate use though if you need a breeching device to blow off locks or deadbolts.

The primary intent of that shotgun isn't for trying to blast foes with buckshot or as a backup.

The handgun thing and issues regarding trying to regulate it's zero to that of the iron sights is rediculous if the thing is even intended to be aimed with any sort of precision by means of using the rifle's primary sights.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Man, that is the gayest shit I've ever seen.  Go right now, put a vert grip on your Glock, and watch how much it flexes the dustcover.  And you want to hold a battle rifle by it?

No damn way...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

tdiarms.com/_Uploads/8125.jpg

That almost makes a little sense (nice hi-vel rifle round plus quiet pistol when needed), but it has to be easier to just transition to the pistol rather than bolting it on to your damned rifle.  There's no way the sights are going to be anywhere close for both guns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
glocks are esentially a handgrenade waiting to KB

Yawn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Oh c'mon you guy's! Can't you tell an ultra new grenade launcher when you see one?That is all that is ! It may look like a Glock but it is really a multy caliber grenade launcher firing nuclear war head ,depleted uranium, incendiary ,CS, HE tracers that have their own sattelite to ensure accuracy. Oh they also have thier own PIN.Take care. Coondog

Nah, you don't need all that, just load it with BMT and you're GTG.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

WTF is with all that extra crap between the grenade launcher and the handguards... it looks like that thing would weigh a ton with all that extra metal between the two. Not to mention how a regular M203 sit in just the right way for you to be able to use a 30 rounder as a grip... not with that POS though.

There was a time when I was yound and stupid that I thought the ZM was the coolest thing ever. Glad I grew up before I had the money to buy that ridiculous POS.

They used to have slightly different handguards a while back... more textured than that checkered typ gripage. I did like the handguards but even they are kind of ghey looking.

As for the problem of hitting anything with the mounted Glock... one has an M6, which means you have the laser to help you along. The other one could have the same solution by pluggin in a Laser Max guide rod laser. Still would be awkward shooting it IMHO.

I love the saying a problem looking for a solution... awesome.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely one of the stupidest things I've ever seen!

Absolutely!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#47]
If someone puts velcro on a turd,and calls it " tactical" someone will buy it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
37mm.com/lotw/images/lr300w37mm.jpg

WTF is with all that extra crap between the grenade launcher and the handguards... it looks like that thing would weigh a ton with all that extra metal between the two. Not to mention how a regular M203 sit in just the right way for you to be able to use a 30 rounder as a grip... not with that POS though.

There was a time when I was yound and stupid that I thought the ZM was the coolest thing ever. Glad I grew up before I had the money to buy that ridiculous POS.

They used to have slightly different handguards a while back... more textured than that checkered typ gripage. I did like the handguards but even they are kind of ghey looking.

As for the problem of hitting anything with the mounted Glock... one has an M6, which means you have the laser to help you along. The other one could have the same solution by pluggin in a Laser Max guide rod laser. Still would be awkward shooting it IMHO.

I love the saying a problem looking for a solution... awesome.

Not to mention the "interesting" placement of the BUIS, for those who are too tactical for a longer sight radius.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I think it looks cool, I also think it would look a whole lot cooler if it was a 1911 hangin there instead of that piece of euro plastic

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I thought this was a Photoshop job....then I clicked the company link just to make sure you all were not just trying to screw with my brain.

WTF were they thinking?  LOL
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top