Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:00:52 PM EDT
I've been thinking on getting a Del-Ton M4 kit. I have a stripped lower that needs to be a gun...

The Del-Ton stuff is priced right.... What is the quality like ?

Any pics and range reports from owners would be great !

I was thinking of this for a truck gun that MUST be 100% reliable and minute of dirt bag accurate..!

Thanx
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought two carbine uppers from Del-Ton.

One works great the other one not so great.  It had trouble feeding the rounds and the gas pressure was weak.

The guy at Del-Ton was very helpful when I sent it back to him the first time I noticed the problem.  No problem with customer service.  It came back and worked fine for awhile after he worked on it and then reverted to the same problem.  

I finally just stripped it down for parts.  I didn't want to mess with the trouble of sending it back again.  I'm sure that if I had taken the time to send it back the second time it would have been corrected but I don't like to be bothered with things like that so I took the loss.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Del-Ton Middy back in May of this year.  It eats any ammo I feed it and wants more!!! A finely made upper that has functioned perfectly since the first round. It's never had a malfunction of any kind in almost 1000 rounds.  

It's married up with a DoubleStar lower with a DPMS LPK, 6 Pos Stock,  Hogue rubber  grip and runs like a fine tuned machine.

It has, by far, become my favortite!! \

Bottom line>>>> Buy a Del-Ton, you won't be sorry!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Del Ton quality is excellent and their customer service rocks!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The very first and only ar 1 ever built was this one. I love it to death. the parts are scattered from different companies but the upper is from delton. m4 profile flattop 14.5 plus A2FH. almost a thousand rounds now and it takes whatever i feed it. very nice quality. and matches cmmg lower perfectly. it has white filled tmark engravings.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#5]
So are Del-Ton parts made by Del-Ton or other manufacturers..?

I have heard (and read) alot of negative things about the quality of DPMS and I have personal experience with Olympic Arms being junk....

I'm obviously looking at this as an inexpensive spare gun that works... Sounds like that's what I'd get.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#6]

This is my Del-Ton baby. I love it! Over 3000 rounds and 0 malfunctions!
Stag lowers from Del-ton also, standard parts kit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top