Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 4:00:52 PM EST
I've been thinking on getting a Del-Ton M4 kit. I have a stripped lower that needs to be a gun...

The Del-Ton stuff is priced right.... What is the quality like ?

Any pics and range reports from owners would be great !

I was thinking of this for a truck gun that MUST be 100% reliable and minute of dirt bag accurate..!

Thanx
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:21:17 PM EST
I have bought two carbine uppers from Del-Ton.

One works great the other one not so great. It had trouble feeding the rounds and the gas pressure was weak.

The guy at Del-Ton was very helpful when I sent it back to him the first time I noticed the problem. No problem with customer service. It came back and worked fine for awhile after he worked on it and then reverted to the same problem.

I finally just stripped it down for parts. I didn't want to mess with the trouble of sending it back again. I'm sure that if I had taken the time to send it back the second time it would have been corrected but I don't like to be bothered with things like that so I took the loss.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:24:36 PM EST
I bought a Del-Ton Middy back in May of this year. It eats any ammo I feed it and wants more!!! A finely made upper that has functioned perfectly since the first round. It's never had a malfunction of any kind in almost 1000 rounds.

It's married up with a DoubleStar lower with a DPMS LPK, 6 Pos Stock, Hogue rubber grip and runs like a fine tuned machine.

It has, by far, become my favortite!! \

Bottom line>>>> Buy a Del-Ton, you won't be sorry!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:31:30 PM EST
Del Ton quality is excellent and their customer service rocks!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:05:24 PM EST
The very first and only ar 1 ever built was this one. I love it to death. the parts are scattered from different companies but the upper is from delton. m4 profile flattop 14.5 plus A2FH. almost a thousand rounds now and it takes whatever i feed it. very nice quality. and matches cmmg lower perfectly. it has white filled tmark engravings.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:28 AM EST
So are Del-Ton parts made by Del-Ton or other manufacturers..?

I have heard (and read) alot of negative things about the quality of DPMS and I have personal experience with Olympic Arms being junk....

I'm obviously looking at this as an inexpensive spare gun that works... Sounds like that's what I'd get.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:21:22 AM EST

This is my Del-Ton baby. I love it! Over 3000 rounds and 0 malfunctions!
Stag lowers from Del-ton also, standard parts kit.
Top Top