Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2020 2:55:31 PM EDT
Meant to post this a couple weeks ago but life etc. By no means comprehensive but I haven't seen much info out there yet. Did not bring my Chrono to the range this time.

The rock chucker is just this Aero SBR with an 8.2 inch Rosco Bloodline barrel(pistol gas, 1:7).
Attachment Attached File

Little side by side with Hornady 110 Vmax. Of note the POI/POA was not substantially different than the 110 Vmax at these range( the rifle had not been rezeroed yet after a muzzle device change).
Attachment Attached File

Everything was shot with the 3x Aimpoint magnifier and the Vortex Crossfire 2 moa red dot from a standing supported position(sorry benchrest guys)

50 yards:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

100 yards:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
100 yards continued:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Please excuse the messy targets. Was a hasty range trip. It functioned with and without the suppressor without issues. I shot about 200 rounds at once.

The suppressor is a TBAC Ultra 5 and it doesn't produce a ton of back pressure with it's small stature. I later threw  my SiCo Omega on it direct thread and it works like a champ as well.

Its not noticeably more dirty or anything than anything else. I shoot tons of Magtech and S&B in the blackout flavor so that's  my metric.

Looks like the wolf 145 grain .308 projectiles to me but I haven't pulled any to compare.

Pretty happy overall with it. Now we just need to wait for the price to go back down again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
IN

I have not had a chance to shoot mine yet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Where does one buy this wolf 300bo ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

A secret place
Targetsportsusa had recieved at least 2 different shipments recently. I snagged a 500 rnd case from each shipment. Sells out in seconds.

I have not seen any other vendor with it in stock. Stupid civil unrest/pandemic
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I literally just happened to be checking TargetSportUSA the first time it went life.....really lucky.   I think it sold out in 17 minutes or something like that.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
100 yards continued:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435001/IMG_20200609_103218_jpg-1482233.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435001/IMG_20200609_103230_jpg-1482248.JPG
Please excuse the messy targets. Was a hasty range trip. It functioned with and without the suppressor without issues. I shot about 200 rounds at once.

The suppressor is a TBAC Ultra 5 and it doesn't produce a ton of back pressure with it's small stature. I later threw  my SiCo Omega on it direct thread and it works like a champ as well.

Its not noticeably more dirty or anything than anything else. I shoot tons of Magtech and S&B in the blackout flavor so that's  my metric.

Looks like the wolf 145 grain .308 projectiles to me but I haven't pulled any to compare.

Pretty happy overall with it. Now we just need to wait for the price to go back down again.
View Quote

What mags did you use?   I picked up a couple of 5.56 Lancers as I heard that 5.56 Gen3 Pmags don't play well with it.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've seen this stuff as high as .60 CPR. Ridiculous.

Damn COVID messing with supply.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Target sports was like .40 cents per round which I was okay with given the climate. Was originally supposedly going to be like sub 30 cents
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What mags did you use?   I picked up a couple of 5.56 Lancers as I heard that 5.56 Gen3 Pmags don't play well with it.  

View Quote

Yeah I use standard Lancer(5.56) mags. The Gen 3 Pmags are all optimized for 5.56 and whatnot.

The Lancers work no problemo with subs and supers of all sizes and shapes YMMV.

I also ONLY use Lancers as dedicated Blackout mags. No Lancers go in my 5.56 guns ever. No Blackout ever goes in mags that aren't Lancers.

Cause explody bits

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#10]
1) Lancer makes .300 blk mags that are clearly marked for visual ID.   I'm gonna get me a few to help further differentiate

2) great thread OP. Thanks for posting the pics and your results.  Good shootin.  

Eagerly awaiting the release of their subsonic.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1) Lancer makes .300 blk mags that are clearly marked for visual ID.   I'm gonna get me a few to help further differentiate

2) great thread OP. Thanks for posting the pics and your results.  Good shootin.  

Eagerly awaiting the release of their subsonic.
View Quote

Me too. Hopefully it's actually on the next boat and they just haven't advertised it.

At some point I'll break out the chronograph in case anyone is curious although I only have this barrel to lob them out of.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up 1000 rounds the first time it was offered at TSUSA.  I think I only shot one mag of it though.

Price seems to keep going up though, so Ill just reload for now and keep it stashed for later.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The Barnaul branded version of this is hitting retailers right now.  Supposedly the same stuff.  Classic had it for 39 cents a round this afternoon so I snagged a 500rnd case. After shipping and tax about 47cpr to TX which I was ok with.  I'm curious to see how it performs out of my rifles. I too patiently wait for the subsonic variety and hopefully the pricing will come down on these at some point.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Barnaul branded version of this is hitting retailers right now.  Supposedly the same stuff.  Classic had it for 39 cents a round this afternoon so I snagged a 500rnd case. After shipping and tax about 47cpr to TX which I was ok with.  I'm curious to see how it performs out of my rifles. I too patiently wait for the subsonic variety and hopefully the pricing will come down on these at some point.

View Quote

Yeah my Wolf box stuff has a Barnaul logo on it.

Cool, if it's coming in 2 ways.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a difference a month makes. 300bkt is as rare as hen's teeth, right now.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top