Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 4:56:34 PM EDT
Would you choose something different for the same $350-$400.  I'm looking at their Uni-Dial line and am interested in a mil-dot scope with a high magnification (18x +) for my varmint AR.

Please chime in if you've tried a Leatherwood!  

BBURN
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody in here has tried a leatherwood scope?

Please gimme the low down on these if you know anything!

BBURN
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have tried several Leatherwood scopes, the CAMputer, for a 30-06, the unidial for a .308, and after going thru 5 CAMputer models all with varying degrees of FAILURE, from simply not performing as they are  advertised.  

The camputer is supposed to be able to Zero at 200 yard and simply dial in out to 1000 yards but at 300 yards it was about 6 inches off to the right and at 400 almost 12 and so on.

I also had the front Lense fall and internal parts falling out on a hunting trip.

The engineering is good but the Chinese production is extremely poor.

I would definitely never recommend them to anyone. Ever.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have tried several Leatherwood scopes, the CAMputer, for a 30-06, the unidial for a .308, and after going thru 5 CAMputer models all with varying degrees of FAILURE, from simply not performing as they are  advertised.  

The camputer is supposed to be able to Zero at 200 yard and simply dial in out to 1000 yards but at 300 yards it was about 6 inches off to the right and at 400 almost 12 and so on.

I also had the front Lense fall and internal parts falling out on a hunting trip.

The engineering is good but the Chinese production is extremely poor.

I would definitely never recommend them to anyone. Ever.

I bought the computer model and  took it out the box  and put it right back in the box it's not a very good scope, got a mark 4 LRT 4.5x14x50 INSTEAD
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top