Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 2:36:00 PM EDT
This is twice with 2 different stocks.

The damn nut keeps coming off from the bolt that is in the teleadjuster.

I tried dremeling a notch in the one, and it worked for awhile but is now come off again.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I am using my weapon too much? Are they just shitty design?

IS there a fix for this???
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
CavVet,

If your talking about the little round "nut", under the latch on the collapsible, there should be a tiny hole that extends through the "nut" and the bolt, that lil' hole takes a role pin.  That roll pin stops the "nut" from spinning.  I don't know the exact size of the pin, but call bBushmaster @ 1800-998-SWAT, not endorsing them, though they are good guys, its just that I have the most experience dealing w/ them.  Any AR parts dealer will have the correct part.  Online try Brownell's @ http://www.brownells.com/Default.aspx
They may have it online.  In the meantime if you absolutely need to shoot it, go w/ a paperclip, or any small pin, you can push through the holes.  A lil' blue loctite will help too.  NOT, HEAVY DUTY Loctite, will be tougher to get off and isn't necessary.  Lots of luck -S2.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CavVet,

If your talking about the little round "nut", under the latch on the collapsible, there should be a tiny hole that extends through the "nut" and the bolt, that lil' hole takes a role pin.  That roll pin stops the "nut" from spinning.  I don't know the exact size of the pin, but call bBushmaster @ 1800-998-SWAT, not endorsing them, though they are good guys, its just that I have the most experience dealing w/ them.  Any AR parts dealer will have the correct part.  Online try Brownell's @ http://www.brownells.com/Default.aspx
They may have it online.  In the meantime if you absolutely need to shoot it, go w/ a paperclip, or any small pin, you can push through the holes.  A lil' blue loctite will help too.  NOT, HEAVY DUTY Loctite, will be tougher to get off and isn't necessary.  Lots of luck -S2.
View Quote

Weird, I dont know who made these, but I have two of them, both VERY different, neither has the hole.

But I have drill, great bits, vise, pins and WECSOG history. These will be upgraded, THANKX!

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I just checked mine, its a DPMS and it doesn't have the little hole either. I have the same problem but I don't use it anymore so it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny, I was going to add that if he hole wasn't there you could add it easily.  Just make sure before you drill, the ass'y. that the nut's where you are going to need it.  Lots o' luck.  S2
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to bushmaster they said they are the only ones who use a roll pin to secure it,I dont know if colt does this or if its strictly a bushmaster thing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I talked to bushmaster they said they are the only ones who use a roll pin to secure it,I dont know if colt does this or if its strictly a bushmaster thing.
View Quote

Well I can tell you for a fact that is not true...

Here at CavVet arms, I have personally installed a roll pin anti walk resister unit in less than 5 minutes in each Telestock on hand. If we can do it you can too! ....

Is that fuckin thing off yet? OOPS

It was REAL easy.

Put nut in vise and start hole.

Put nut on bolt and find proper setting.

Finish hole & insert roll pin.

2 minutes start to finish.

Thanks for the help fellas!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Have you ever wondered why the spooky types on the net, the ones in stan and iraq, have some sort of elastic band over the telestock???

Because the darned nut kept coming loose...
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#9]
A simple drop of Locktite will do the job quickly and easily.  KISS.  Has worked for me for many years.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Colt's collapsibles are also pinned.
Unless you've heard specifically otherwise, I believe those rubberbands are not for the nut.  They are there for noise disciplne on stocks that rattle.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#11]
my stock from model 1 sales has the pinned nut also.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

My pre-ban Eagle Arms CAR stock has a roll pin.  I thought everyone used a pin, it sounds like some manufacturers are starting to cut corners...[V]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I just bought a couple of the stock pins, nuts and roll pins from Bushmaster, and changed them out on my stocks (including a CavArms stock)
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Locktite here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The CAR stock I just got from RRA has the pin.  The crappy $25 gunshow telestock it replaced did not.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I dont know what you guys are giving Bushy, etc for roll pins, but during on of my EARLY AR build/mods, I was one pin short. Went to the hardware store, bought a 1/2 dozen of damn near every pin they had. I think I paid a dollar something for all of them.

I am still using some of these pins, that has been YEARS ago...I am ready to go resupply! [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top