Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 8:42:38 AM EDT
So I have a PDF file of SR-1 (I understand this to be the NRA high power rifle target, dimensioned for 100 yard range). Now, at the range I go to, there is a 225 yard lane. I think the appropriate target to use there would be the SR-1 style target, but scaled up some ratio, say 225% that of the SR-1. Maybe that would make it an SR-2.25??? I don't know much about regulation targets, am I on the right track?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:52:01 AM EDT
No wonder noone is answering. This thread is gay...

Take a total station out there with you, set up over the target stand and shot back at the bench. Shoot back up range and find your 200yd or 200m mark- you'll end up in the grass and you'll be able to lie prone.

or, take a chain and a few chaining pins and measure out the correct distance.

Make sure to set a capped bar at both ends.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:55:55 AM EDT
Jackass. Maybe you would need that precision if you actually USED your bullet thrower instead of just stroking it.

Originally Posted By JosephR:
No wonder noone is answering. This thread is gay...

Take a total station out there with you, set up over the target stand and shot back at the bench. Shoot back up range and find your 200yd or 200m mark- you'll end up in the grass and you'll be able to lie prone.

or, take a chain and a few chaining pins and measure out the correct distance.

Make sure to set a capped bar at both ends.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:56:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2005 6:57:10 AM EDT by JosephR]
Hey!!! That's a personal Attack!!!

I prefer to call it my "Baby Batter Splattergun" and I'll stroke it all I want.

why are we talking about penises now anyway?

Hey- you still got KAC panels for sale?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:56:33 AM EDT
Brent I'd just blow it up 2x and call it a day if you're just practicing. IIRC at 200y the 10 ring should be 4" dimapeter and the X ring should be 2" diameter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:03:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:
Brent I'd just blow it up 2x and call it a day if you're just practicing. IIRC at 200y the 10 ring should be 4" dimapeter and the X ring should be 2" diameter.

Great, I'll see how that works out. It's just that the SR1 at 225yds is so small that if I hang 4 of them up, spaced something like 8" apart, three of the targets occupy the entire front sight post... Do you know of a source for target specs? I am not an NRA member, but probably should be.

JoeR - No, I don't have any panels for sale right now, but probably will after I figure out how I want to do my SBR rig.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
IIRC they try to keep the black area the same size (in moa) across the course.

At 200y the X, 10, and 9 rings should be black - IIRC your 100y target only the 10 & X ring are black.
(at 300y the x, 10,9 & 8 rings are black and at 600y the X, 10, 9, 8, and 7 rings are black) so you might need to color in the 9 ring yourself.

And YES you need to join the NRA...

Here is the CMP Rulebook targets are covered in section 6.7.2
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
Perfect. Thanks very much.
Top Top