Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:55:22 PM EDT
Cabella's has tapco 30 round mags for $15.00 each, Im wondering if anyone usesw them and what they think. Are the good or junk, worth the money
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anything about the quality of tapco mags, but bravocompany has them for 9.99 on their website.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Tapco-30rd-AR15-Magazine-BLACK-p/tapco%20mag0930%20black.htm
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco = the suxes ! Like something nutnfancy would use ! For sure they are used by the specshul wepuns crowd ! stay far far far away !

Ohh wait your from mass , no high caps for you boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Teddy might roll in his grave if he knows some one in his home state has them evil high cap  mags ! Hey , dont they have a trigger lock on a musket there on display in the state capital ????

PS , we miane boys have all kind of cool evil stuff !

just joking brother !!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, thanks for reminding me how shitty my state is. I know I cant get them, but I am still wondering so when I move to a free state I know what to look for. So far it looks like people like the mags, but they hate the company for selling to distributers only. I havnt really seen anyone have an actual complaint about the mag having any specific issues. I looked in the AR mag forums, bot there isnt much info about these. A friend in Afgan says some people use them over there with no issues. If the Army uses them than I dont see how they can suck that bad.

Please state specific reasons for disliking them if you have a complaint about them.

Either way, thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A friend in Afgan says some people use them over there with no issues. If the Army uses them than I dont see how they can suck that bad.

Probably confused them with Pmags.

Someone MAY have purchased them on their own dime, but I can promise you that the US Government is NOT buying and issuing Tapco mags.

Link Posted: 3/2/2010 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
That could be
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two of the tapco mags from my local cabelas store. So far so good. I have filled and fired out of them atleast 10 times with no problems.. I like them, they seem ok..
but,.. im ordering 5 magpul mags now. they must be better and the cost is close too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I will let you know today what I think of Tapco after I come back from the range.  I had issues with P-mags believe it or not.  Had horrible double feed jams with them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]
The only things really wrong with the TAPCO magazines,  if you consider it wrong, is that the Magpul 5.56's do not fit over the basepad and they are tight in some pouches.

I like and enjoy using them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#9]
As promised, range report on the Tapco mags.  Excellent results.  I love these mags.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only things really wrong with the TAPCO magazines,  if you consider it wrong, is that the Magpul 5.56's do not fit over the basepad and they are tight in some pouches.

WTF is the translation of this?

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is the translation of this?

That you cannot fit Magpuls onto them and they are too wide to fit some pouches.  Other than this, they work very well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A friend in Afgan says some people use them over there with no issues. If the Army uses them than I dont see how they can suck that bad.

Just because somthing is used by someone in the military in a combat zone does not mean it is endorsed or approved by the military.  When I was there last year the SF guys were raving about HK mags, so what does that tell you? (all the AR15.com "experts" know about HK mags)  The Army is 99.99% USGI magazines.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top