Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2011 3:28:15 PM EDT
It just goes from bad to worse on my build.  Finally made some head way and now the rear takedown pin spring doesn't fit into the hole.  You guys every have an issue like this?  What are my options?

Greg
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless the hole was bored to the wrong size (very improbable), you are trying to insert the incorrect spring.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Describe "won't fit".  

Could be wrong spring, bent spring, bad hole.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried switching it with the safety selector spring and that doesn't fit either.  It seems to be a smidge too wide for the hole.  By won't fit - I can't get any part of the spring into the drilled hole.  I"m going to try ordering another spring online and see what happens with that

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The spring should measure .084 if u have a way to measure it.  Have you tryed the front take down spring to see if it fits in the rear hole?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
the safety selector spring is close to the same size only stiffer, maybe its not compressing enough since the stiffness.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive only done one build and cannot give too much advice but if it were my gun, i'd tear the whole thing down and start again before I bought any new parts.
Matching everything up before the first pin or spring goes in and labeling them helped me, there arent so many parts that its impossible to wing it but I think the extra effort is worth it until you are more familiar with them. I just made sure the spring or pin fit where I thought it did, then stuck the part on the glue of a post it note and labeled the paper.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The safty spring is .103 O.D. and the take down pin is .083  heres a crappy cell phone pic.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe they put two safety selector springs in your LPK instead of two takedown/pivot pin springs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The safty spring is .103 O.D. and the take down pin is .083  heres a crappy cell phone pic.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/0928111807.jpg

Brilliant photo...thx for future reference in helping others!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top