Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 10:08:58 AM EDT
Who has those "tactical rubber bands" to secure the pressure switch for my M3s to my forgrip? It's supposed to be made of innertube type material.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Try your local bike store.  Purchase some tire inner tubes and cut to needed size.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not a sleeve, they are just as cheep but fit without screwing arounf with it, and better than velcro.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's not a sleeve, they are just as cheep but fit without screwing arounf with it, and better than velcro.
View Quote

Yojimbo's got it.

I took an old tube off my bike, and cut it into 'bands'.  They fit perfectly over a KAC grip with room for a surefire pressure pad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the same a "Ballistic Tape" and "Ballistic Hammers"?  I've heard of primers being held in with Ballistic tape!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is this the same a "Ballistic Tape" and "Ballistic Hammers"?  I've heard of primers being held in with Ballistic tape!  
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ranger bands
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
i've been looking for a tactical, camo zipper form my fly for some time; anyone know where i can get one?   mcole
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Look over in the Equipment Exchange under Black Rifle Armory and Doorkicker6. They have them for $6 shipped I think.

They are a little slow at answering emails, but they are a good bunch to do business with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look over in the Equipment Exchange under Black Rifle Armory and Doorkicker6. They have them for $6 shipped I think.

They are a little slow at answering emails, but they are a good bunch to do business with.
View Quote

Thanks, that was the post I was looking for.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i've been looking for a tactical, camo zipper form my fly for some time; anyone know where i can get one?   mcole
View Quote

They only sell those to poeple who actually need a fly, sorry.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If you absolutely HAVE to be 'tactical', then by all means pay $6 plus shipping for a 'tactical rubber band.'

BUT, if you don't need the word 'tactical' beside the product description, I would recommend the bike inner tube method.  For $6 you can get a couple inner tubes, cut them up into 50+ rubber bands, and sell the ones you don't use to the Airsoft crowd for $6 each, just make sure to advertise them as 'tactical rubber bands.' [:D]

Seriously, I just took an old standard sized inner tube off my mountain bike, cut off a couple strips and the fit was PERFECT.  Doesn't slide off, will not break, isn't too tight (thus accidentally activating the light)....

Just some friendly 'tactical' advise. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
yipper, i agree with above posts..i too, was lookin for the rubberbands,,and then i got into the inner tube trick for my magazines..and then i thought about my surefire...i got tired of the velcro holding stuff on and the sticky stuff coming off..so i jus cut sum narrow pieces of inner tube and it works like a charm..$3.19 @ KMART..too many ppl using "tactical" to loosly IMO..
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys were right. I thought I would end up buying a dozen tubes in order to get the right size, but the first one I got fit perfect. I really didn't give a shit what was called, I just didn't want to by $20 worth of tubes and end up buying the "tactical bands" in the end. It does fit securely and doesn't activate the light.......I'm happy. I did notice that the tube is too big for my Knights grip, but I am now using the GG&Gs, as they hold 2 AA batteries. The Knights only holds 2 Lithiums. I haven't tried it on my Dieter grip yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top