Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 12:41:08 PM EDT
Right now I have a single point sling on my PWA.  It also has an M44 handguard (perm installed F/S to take me out to 16", so this was the easiest way) with a Knight's vert foregrip on the bottom rail and a Surefire M952P on the left side.  I am right handed, so my thumb hits the tailcap button pretty easy.  I want to go with a tac sling, but it looks like the Surefire will pretty much block the front mounting point.  Anyone have any suggestions/ pictures of how you have solved this?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my 962 mounted on the right side of my RAS and thumb activate it from that side.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want it set up that way, I was thinking of setting up a swivel at the rear portion of the handguard using Bushmaster's rail sling adapter. Or, in Brownell's they have a pin that replaces the front take down and has an Uncle Mikes type swivel hole on the left side. That would give you a short run between the two points, #1 would be longer.

One other thing comes to mind, I think the CQB sling has a model that will go around the whole handguard. You can still put this behind the light.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would not trust securing a sling by way of any of the available side mounts using the M44 plastic handguard rails.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
True, I guess the CQB around the handguard may be ok. If he has a front sight tower, he could put there. It might get hooked on the light though.

Mark
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, funny time, when that weapon hit the deck-it would get lumpy!  [bounce]

argh argh

Mark
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
[SLAP]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I know, beavis, you dumb ass!

Mark
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You jinxed me, now Im probably going to fall on a rifle at some point.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#9]
It won't be that bad, provided that a bad guy breaks the fall!

Mark
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Lumpy-
Mounting the Surefire on the right side works pretty well.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
It works well for me just because my left thumb it jacked up and stretching it around to the left side of the gun is hard for me.

Not to mention, being a right handed shooter, I tend to seek cover that allows me to expose on the right...doesnt do me much good shining my light into the cover.  If I was a lefty, Id probably do it the other way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
with the size/shape of the Knight's grip and my hand the left feels better, but the right is seviceable.  I have also run into the problem that the Knight's grip secures by a center post that screws up int the center of the slot on the rail, but the M44 cross hatches have no center- they are just the two ends.  I'm still screwing around trying to find the exact configuration for my preban before I commit to a new upper.  The one I have is the used, non-chrome barrel it came with, and I always intended to replace it.  When I do, I want to do it all right.  So now I'm working all the permutations, seeing what works for me.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top