Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2003 1:52:39 AM EDT
HELLO, FIRST POST. GOT A MODEL 1 PARTS KIT, A GOOD FRIEND WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING ASSEMBLED IT TO A DPMS LOWER. HE TOLD ME THE SELECTOR SWITCH WAS OVERSIZED AND HAD TO BE "MADE TO FIT", RESULT IS A TOO SMALL SELECTOR SWITCH WHICH IS SLOPPY. ALSO, THE BUFFER RETAINING DETENT IS SO SLOPPY, IT POPS-OUT EVERYTIME THE ACTION IS WORKED, THE KIT IS A "16 "C.A.R. A-2"
WITH THE COLLAPSABLE BUTTSTOCK.
ANYONE ELSE FINDING PROBLEMS WITH THE SMALL PARTS NOT FITTING? I'M CALLING MODEL 1 TODAY TO SEE IF I CAN GET REPLACEMENT PARTS, AND NOTIFY THEM OF POSSIBLE PROBLEMS OTHERS MAY ENCOUNTER.
IF ANYONE HAS A COMMENT, PLEASE POST, THANKS, RANDY
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Model 1 kit this weekend, and had
problems with the safety and trigger,It would only fire after you cycle the safety.I replace
the safety and trigger with some spare RR parts and no more problems.
                wes
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't count on the DPMS receiver as mil-spec either!
Jack
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
DPMS receivers are fine.  i've had 3 of them with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I just built another rifle with a Essential lower,ASA A2 upper, Bushmaster lt. weight barrel-cut to 14.5,Phantom F/S,Duckbill grip, Rock River shorty stock, Model 1 lower parts kit, MA Parts bolt and carrier. Camo'ed with Krylon. A true Franken AR!!!  Had no problems with fit of any parts.
Put 300 rds. of SA surplus through it using Thermold new magazines, not a problem one. Put 90 rds. rapid fire to check paint out...got a little smoke and that was it!
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#6]
dpms receivers are good quality and i have built 5 kits using model one kits with no problems.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
hello again. called model 1 yesterday, they were very receptive to my questions. also, i was told to send my safety switch back to them for replacement.it can't get better than that.
so far i'm satisfied. we'll see what happens. thanks for the replies, randy
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
hello again. called model 1 yesterday, they were very receptive to my questions. also, i was told to send my safety switch back to them for replacement.it can't get better than that.
so far i'm satisfied. we'll see what happens. thanks for the replies, randy
View Quote
You had to send it back to them? I had a similar problem with a J&T kit, so they are just going to send me another selector lever. If it were the upper or something, I could understand you sending it in to them, but a 5.00 part? when you probably payed 400 something for the kit. Don't understand that one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
trifecta3, hmmmmmmm, you've got a point there.
perhaps i settled for less than i should have.
i'll have to remember this.the safety switch is $9.00.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the 16 A2 kit with fake collapsable stock. The problem I had was if I screwed the stock in enough to hold the buffer detent like it was supposed to my upper would not close. ended up having to Dremel the first 2 threads off of the top of the stock.  Now the problem I am having is that the detent is so wore that my buffer pops out most of the time I open my reciever up. All of this after ONLY 20 rounds!! Plus I had some selector problems also. Am planning on calling Model 1 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Called Model 1 today and told them what was up. Not only are they going to replace the buffer detent they are going to send me a new buffer also! That is what I call service.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I just built a model 1 kit this weekend and I too had issues with the safety selector and the safety detent pin.  The pin was oversized, fortunately I had a spare from a JT build I did a couple of weeks ago.  Also, the channel in the selector was very crude and once assembled, the selector would not switch without some dremmel action.

OVERALL, the kit was decent but the JT lower parts are of much higher quality overall.

John
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#13]
i ordered some parts from model 1, including a safety switch, the first was oversized. the shipping was $9.00, i called to inquire about the cost of shipping a 1 lb. package. we ended-up chatting about this and that,i finally asked him to debit my card for the shipping because it was the same as a new switch, he said o k, don't bother to return the old safety switch either. now that's good customer relations!
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I just got off the phone with them and they are insisting I return the old selector before they will send out a new one.  I'm glad they are sending a new one however, I will probably be purchasing my LPK's from someone else from now on.  The overall quality on the parts was less than impressive.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I have had several problems with them. The money you save on their cheeper parts is not worth the hassle. imho
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, what happened to them. If there had been this many complaints two years ago I never would have bought from them.

I got my kit in May 01. And it snapped togeather just fine. Maybe they lost some of their suppliers?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Just received 16" car kit w a2 stock wednesday.
Looks good, but when trigger and hammer are installed with their springs, hammer presses on engagement surface of trigger and presses rear of trigger up.  Disconnect will not function and on next step of install, due to trigger's rear being levered up, selector won't go in.
AARRGGH!
Spoke with model one and they've never heard of such a problem. "Send parts back"
With the feedback I've seen, I'm not gonna bother I'll just order a trigger, hammer, disconnect and selector from Bushmaster who made my lower.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
That is what I experienced too! I took a little emery cloth to the selector and lightly filed down the back of the trigger. I would stick up slightly blocking the selector from sliding across. A light job with a file and it all fit. My detent for the buffer seems to fit well though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had no problems with Model 1 sales kits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top