Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:38:24 AM EDT
I an thinking is getting the H1, but I see alot of T1s here. Just wondering if people but the T1 just cause they can or do they actually use the NV capability.  And if not, then why? For resale value?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I an thinking is getting the H1, but I see alot of T1s here. Just wondering if people but the T1 just cause they can or do they actually use the NV capability.  And if not, then why? For resale value?

I'd wager that most of us are buying it with a mount package.  When you do that at, say, Larue; the difference is only $40, which is roughly 6.5% of the purchase price.  I think most (myself included) figure the $40 is worth it to have the top of the line, better lens coatings, better waterproofing, subdued logo, etc; not to mention better resale/higher demand.  NV capability is just an added bonus for that "some day I might use it."
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the h-1 because even with my nvg's i will never mount them on my rifle, for me the IR laser is the better tool for that job. I think most people buy the t-1 because it is the cool thing to have, and they honestly think they will mount NV on their rifle at some point in time. As far as the t-1 being more durable, maybe, but if you break either one it is probably because you dropped if off a mountain or stepped on a IED; they are both bulletproof. I think it is a personal decision, but my NV stays on my head, so the h-1 is fine for me.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd wager that most of us are buying it with a mount package.  When you do that at, say, Larue; the difference is only $40, which is roughly 6.5% of the purchase price.  I think most (myself included) figure the $40 is worth it to have the top of the line, better lens coatings, better waterproofing, subdued logo, etc; not to mention better resale/higher demand.  NV capability is just an added bonus for that "some day I might use it."

+1 for 40 bucks more why not get it and the re-sale value is good too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
"Need" has never been the issue for me. I want the best that I can afford.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah your right, I never thought of buying from laure, I was thinking one of the many optics store. fot $40, why not I guess. I was thinking it was over a $100 difference.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah your right, I never thought of buying from laure, I was thinking one of the many optics store. fot $40, why not I guess. I was thinking it was over a $100 difference.

I got my T1/Larue mount used in like new condition off EE for the same price as a new H1 by itself.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I started a thread wondering why anyone buys an H-1 given the nominal price difference.

Go T-1.

Go 2 MOA.

Go Larue.

Go shoot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Need" has never been the issue for me. I want the best that I can afford.

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I started a thread wondering why anyone buys an H-1 given the nominal price difference.

Go T-1.

Go 2 MOA.

Go Larue.

Go shoot.

This, plus I am hoping to jump into the NV thing real soon, but if not I have agreat optic and mount, for only $40 more than H-1

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Go T-1.

Go 2 MOA.

Go Larue.

Go shoot.
I have seen some great deals on EE with 4moa H1/Larue combos.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top