View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

I would buy one too.
That'd be a winner for me as well.

Originally Posted By Swampfox_Optics_Mike:

Hee hee.

So for project CURMUDGEON we were split between whether we wanted to do a nice fine duplex style crosshair with an illuminated center dot, or whether we wanted to do a MIL-Dot crosshair and illuminate the whole thing, and match it up with the new MIL turrets. We were really having a hard time choosing between those two concepts.

And, in true Arfcom fashion, yesterday we decided to "get both". DAMN I love this job! When I get finals of the reticles and get permission from the CEO, I'll post 'em up here so you guys can see.
Looking forward to seeing the duplex.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:09:10 PM EST
I would also like to see the “Fudd” if the center crosshairs are fine enough and the illumination is bright enough.  
Too many tactical scopes have  bdc reticles that don’t match anything I shoot and too many have thick heavy reticles that are designed for silhouette targets.  I want a 0-300 yard wabbit scope.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 8:00:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By caw375:
I would also like to see the “Fudd” if the center crosshairs are fine enough and the illumination is bright enough.  
Too many tactical scopes have  bdc reticles that don’t match anything I shoot and too many have thick heavy reticles that are designed for silhouette targets.  I want a 0-300 yard wabbit scope.
View Quote
All this talk makes me pine away for an old Weaver K4 I had years back. What was I thinking...?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 8:09:27 PM EST
Everyone wants a AA or AAA powered aimpoint bright reticle.  Do it!
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 7:21:22 AM EST
@Swampfox_Optics_Mike
Have you gotten to take a look at the kingslayer? How does it compare to other mcrds?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:08:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2019 4:00:15 PM EST by Bearcat24]
Just got my 1-8 in today. Need the torque info on rings. Nothing in the book except don’t over tighten. Nothing on their web site. Its sweet! Love the MOA reticle. I did send a message to them. Don’t know how long to get a reply.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:04:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By Combloc47:
Everyone wants a AA or AAA powered aimpoint bright reticle.  Do it!
View Quote
Hey, there's already an AAA powered red dot that is Aimpoint bright, it's called the Aimpoint Comp M5. I highly recommend them, actually.

I'm interested in AA/AAA, but there are two problems that need to be solved.

1. How to keep people from using the cheapest batteries they can find, which often pop and leak and corrode the battery compartment. Putting "Hey, use high quality Lithium batteries, we really mean it!" in the user manual only works for people who actually read the manual and actually care.

2. How to shock isolate the batteries so recoil doesn't scramble up their insides and kill them prematurely. This isn't as simple as it sounds, ask Aimpoint and EOtech about the struggles they've had with their AA/AAA powered units over the past couple of decades. They've spend years and tons of money trying to solve this problem, and yet people often still screw it up by doing #1 above.

This is something I'm keeping an eye on but we don't have anything in the works yet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:26:01 PM EST
It's not just you I'm sure.  Budget friendly LPVO's have come a long way with reticles, glass quality and durability.  They just all seem to be lacking in reticle brightness.

The two cheapest options currently are the steiner p4xi and the gen ii viper 1-6.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 1:10:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2019 3:40:15 PM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Originally Posted By nwoodcock1:
@Swampfox_Optics_Mike
Have you gotten to take a look at the kingslayer? How does it compare to other mcrds?
View Quote
I have two production Kingslayers mounted up for serious shooting, and a prototype that i'm just playing with for now. Time to spam pics!

One of my production units is on an offset mount on my scope testbed AR-15 using the included low 1913 mount, thusly:

The other production kingslayer is on my new IDPA rig, a Sig P320 X-Five. Because Sig makes their slides for the Romeo1 footprint I used a Springer Precision adapter plate to achieve the Trijicon RMR-compatible footprint needed for the Kingslayer.

Overall I'm really happy with the Kingslayers. We've sold quite a few by now and have only had one breakage, a guy dropped one onto concrete and cracked the glass. He already has his replacement. They are holding zero on everything from shotguns to Desert Eagles. Kat Ainsworth put one on a Deagle .50 to go turkey hunting and loved it. As distance increases the accuracy advantage gets very real, she dropped a turkey at 75 yards with a damn .50 AE, I'm guessing THAT was a humane kill. Geez.

Kingslayer features a four-hour auto off mercury switch. In other words, after detecting no motion for four hours, it shuts off automatically. If you are carrying it EDC or something it won't shut off until you put it up for the night, because you are always moving. But it has no "shake awake" auto-ON feature, yet. The prototype that I have on my desk does have this feature, and so far it seems to be functioning great. I don't think "shake awake" is for every application (it sucks for truck guns, every time you drive your vehicle you are burning battery for no reason) but I think it's great for home defense. I want to make a version of Kingslayer in the future giving folks the choice of whether they want to manually turn the optic on or have a "shake awake" style motion switch inside.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions I can answer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 1:17:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:
Just got my 1-8 in today. Need the torque info on rings. Nothing in the book except don’t over tighten. Nothing on their web site. Its sweet! Love the MOA reticle. I did send a message to them. Don’t know how long to get a reply.
View Quote
We didn't put in any ring torque spec because we didn't want to to conflict with what the ring manufacturer might say. Honestly the limiting factor on most cheap rings is at what point you strip out the allen head holding the ring cap on. Higher quality rings using torx heads and better hardware usually have a torque spec supplied with them, so follow that. In the absence of any other advice, I think it's usually safe to go about 30 inch pounds and use a dab of blue locktite, and you'll be fine.

By the way, I found out the hard way that the hardware in our Independence Mount doesn't suck. My friend Adam secured his with the clear Locktite Gel instead of the blue stuff, and we wanted to swap out his scope for a different one. I didn't strip the torx heads in the ring caps, I broke two Torx tools right the @$^2! off instead. Seriously?

Scoreboard:
Swampfox screws =2
Home Depot Torx tools= 0

Link Posted: 5/14/2019 4:17:18 PM EST
Thanks. That seems excessive though. Am using Burris PEPR and had a RT6 in it. Max max was 20 inch lbs so will try that. Being on a Grendel, don’t think I’ll have any issues. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 4:55:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:
Thanks. That seems excessive though. Am using Burris PEPR and had a RT6 in it. Max max was 20 inch lbs so will try that. Being on a Grendel, don't think I'll have any issues. Thanks.
View Quote
I'm the guy that doesn't read the instructions. All of my scope mount ring screws get torqued to 25-30 in/lbs.

shrug
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 5:42:01 PM EST
I'm just happy to see people who actually know what inch pounds are and presumably actually own a Wheeler or some other inch pound torque wrench.

I'm originally from Missouri, the land of "Tighten it till it won't go no more, if a little tightness is good then a lot of tightness must be better, and don't be no kind of sissy about it neither."
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:14:42 PM EST
I learned the hard way not paying attention to the manual. I always cross tighten. Did one a little to far and TINK, to much. Just that little noise and your stomach cringes. Have checked this scope out playing with it mounting, just 10 ft lbs with my torque wrench. Love the crosshairs. Nice and bright illumination looking out the window. Will post back when I get to the range this week.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 8:11:14 PM EST
Any progress on a prism sight?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:34:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/16/2019 1:02:08 PM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Any progress on a prism sight?
View Quote
Interested in a 1x as a substitute for red dots for people with astigmatism. I would like to compete vs. the Primary Arms Cyclops, which I think sets a high standard right now for an inexpensive, tough and clear 1x prism. I don't see 3x / 4x prism scopes flying off the shelves anymore no matter what price point or brand name. Prisms are what people are getting rid of to switch to LPVOs, in 2019. Maybe in the future the pendulum swings back the other way, but right now more shooters seem to want the flexibility of the LPVO instead of the simplicity of the prism.

EDIT: No sooner do I make this post then I get an email this morning. "Heyyyyy, so we think we have a really great optical design for a 4x prism scope, would anyone want one? We could make it out of 7075 like brand T does, if you think anyone would care about that..."
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 11:34:21 AM EST
What are the plans for a longer range optic?  I looked through this Athlon Ares BTR the other day and was really impressed.  My 12" 6.5 Grendel pistol is complete and waiting on me to choose an optic.  Currently I have access to a 300 yard range but we are likely going to move back west in the next 12 months where I will be able to determine if the 6.5 Grendel can actually retain accuracy out of this barrel up to 1K yards.  I like what I'm learning about Swampfox and want to see what you are coming up with
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 2:53:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2019 3:08:14 PM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Originally Posted By SKelt83:
What are the plans for a longer range optic?  I looked through this Athlon Ares BTR the other day and was really impressed.  My 12" 6.5 Grendel pistol is complete and waiting on me to choose an optic.  Currently I have access to a 300 yard range but we are likely going to move back west in the next 12 months where I will be able to determine if the 6.5 Grendel can actually retain accuracy out of this barrel up to 1K yards.  I like what I'm learning about Swampfox and want to see what you are coming up with
View Quote
In the short term we are releasing our most basic longe range series first, the Patriot. The first batch will be in two flavors, 4-16x44 and 6-24x50, so higher magnification and larger scopes than the Athlon you linked to. Athlon is doing a lot of stuff right but we definitely want to attack them and try to compete in that same market space. Following the first batch of Patriots we will have an illuminated reticle version. We also have higher end precision scopes in the works codenamed Warhawk and Kentucky Long. Warhawk has a 34mm main tube, Kentucky Long a 30mm main tube. We will have a variety of magnifications available from 2-12x44mm all the way up to a monster 5-30x56mm.

Patriot is going to be a value leader. Really nice glass, impressive eyebox, smart MOA and MIL/MRAD reticles in first focal plane, and zero-resettable (not zero stop) turrets that track correctly. Street price (MAP) on the 4-16x44 will be about $280 and the 6-24x50 will be about $330. And, there's a neat little touch that comes right in the box, just a little "hey neato of them to include this" which I'm not going to give away yet.

Frankly I usually hate 6-24x scopes because their eyebox shrinks to nothing at high magnification, they get very picky and hard to look through and I hate always fighting with shadows and ellipses and stuff. Anything below an exit pupil of 2mm I'm pretty much going to find unacceptable no matter if the glass is good or not. Patriot's eyebox is pretty forgiving all the way up to 24x, dial it down just a bit to 20x and it's freakin' great. First time I've ever looked through a 6-24x and thought yeah, I would actually put that on one of my own rifles.

Here's the Patriot teaser pic we ran on Facebook.

Here's the prototype 6-24x50 on my personal Remmy 700 for testing. Bubble level not included.

Link Posted: 5/17/2019 3:38:28 PM EST
how low does the paralax go? 25 yards?
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 3:42:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Combloc47:
how low does the paralax go? 25 yards?
View Quote
20 yards for the 4-16x44, and 10 yards for the 6-24x50. Not sure why the difference there, but I know it's forced by the optical design math, not chosen.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 5:45:59 PM EST
10 and 20 yd parallax will make them a nice option for .22 shooters
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 7:27:59 PM EST
I definitely intend to serve the emerging market for .22 precision competitors. Those little matches are spreading like wildfire right now and I love it. Want to play along myself but the last thing I need is yet another competitive hobby.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 10:41:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Strikefirst:
Winner winner chicken dinner
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strikefirst:
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

I would buy one too.
Winner winner chicken dinner
Glad I’m not the only one
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 3:57:36 PM EST
The Patriot is what I am looking to use on a .22 project, when might we see it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 7:16:24 PM EST

In the short term we are releasing our most basic longe range series first, the Patriot. The first batch will be in two flavors, 4-16x44 and 6-24x50, so higher magnification and larger scopes than the Athlon you linked to. Athlon is doing a lot of stuff right but we definitely want to attack them and try to compete in that same market space. Following the first batch of Patriots we will have an illuminated reticle version. We also have higher end precision scopes in the works codenamed Warhawk and Kentucky Long. Warhawk has a 34mm main tube, Kentucky Long a 30mm main tube. We will have a variety of magnifications available from 2-12x44mm all the way up to a monster 5-30x56mm.

Patriot is going to be a value leader. Really nice glass, impressive eyebox, smart MOA and MIL/MRAD reticles in first focal plane, and zero-resettable (not zero stop) turrets that track correctly. Street price (MAP) on the 4-16x44 will be about $280 and the 6-24x50 will be about $330. And, there's a neat little touch that comes right in the box, just a little "hey neato of them to include this" which I'm not going to give away yet.

Frankly I usually hate 6-24x scopes because their eyebox shrinks to nothing at high magnification, they get very picky and hard to look through and I hate always fighting with shadows and ellipses and stuff. Anything below an exit pupil of 2mm I'm pretty much going to find unacceptable no matter if the glass is good or not. Patriot's eyebox is pretty forgiving all the way up to 24x, dial it down just a bit to 20x and it's freakin' great. First time I've ever looked through a 6-24x and thought yeah, I would actually put that on one of my own rifles.

Here's the Patriot teaser pic we ran on Facebook.
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-7if6rfp0r7/product_images/uploaded_images/patriot-precision-riflescope.jpg?t=1556743211&_ga=2.216540757.298436339.1557853832-286255436.1552667485

Here's the prototype 6-24x50 on my personal Remmy 700 for testing. Bubble level not included.

https://i.ibb.co/F0wFth2/Patriot-Rem-700.jpg
View Quote
That is a lot of features in a scope for the price. The 4-16 is going to be a great scope for Grendels.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:16:44 AM EST
Got to the range yesterday with the 1-8. Zero’d fairly quick. The glass is awesome on this scope. Showed it to a few folks. They were amazed on the glass. They never heard of swampfox. They were surprised when I told them it was Chinese glass. Am impressed so far. Have it on my 12 inch Grendel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 8:54:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
View Quote
Finishing up the website work this week, first batch incoming around the end of the month, look for them to be officially in stock early June.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:19:38 PM EST
man I want the Patriot 6-24 for sure..... cannot wait for this to hit the streets.

Killer sale going on right now too.

"In honor of Memorial Day, we are offering 30% off of everything in our store from now through Monday, May 27th.
Use the coupon code WARRIORSPIRIT at check out."
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:05:23 PM EST
I have two production Kingslayers mounted up for serious shooting, and a prototype that i'm just playing with for now. Time to spam pics!

One of my production units is on an offset mount on my scope testbed AR-15 using the included low 1913 mount, thusly:

https://i.ibb.co/rGmpHS3/KS-Side-Mount-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/tsWbRZS/KS-Side-Mount-3.jpg

The other production kingslayer is on my new IDPA rig, a Sig P320 X-Five. Because Sig makes their slides for the Romeo1 footprint I used a Springer Precision adapter plate to achieve the Trijicon RMR-compatible footprint needed for the Kingslayer.

https://i.ibb.co/1fMkGf8/P320-X5.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with the Kingslayers. We've sold quite a few by now and have only had one breakage, a guy dropped one onto concrete and cracked the glass. He already has his replacement. They are holding zero on everything from shotguns to Desert Eagles. Kat Ainsworth put one on a Deagle .50 to go turkey hunting and loved it. As distance increases the accuracy advantage gets very real, she dropped a turkey at 75 yards with a damn .50 AE, I'm guessing THAT was a humane kill. Geez.

https://i.ibb.co/NxYRT48/Kat-3.jpg

Kingslayer features a four-hour auto off mercury switch. In other words, after detecting no motion for four hours, it shuts off automatically. If you are carrying it EDC or something it won't shut off until you put it up for the night, because you are always moving. But it has no "shake awake" auto-ON feature, yet. The prototype that I have on my desk does have this feature, and so far it seems to be functioning great. I don't think "shake awake" is for every application (it sucks for truck guns, every time you drive your vehicle you are burning battery for no reason) but I think it's great for home defense. I want to make a version of Kingslayer in the future giving folks the choice of whether they want to manually turn the optic on or have a "shake awake" style motion switch inside.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nwoodcock1:
@Swampfox_Optics_Mike

https://i.ibb.co/rGmpHS3/KS-Side-Mount-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/tsWbRZS/KS-Side-Mount-3.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/1fMkGf8/P320-X5.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/NxYRT48/Kat-3.jpg

That's awesome information. I just got one of the Brownell's RMR slides and was looking at the Holosun's. I'm just bummed I missed the sale over the weekend due to a DC trip. How is the 3 MOA dot on your Sig?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:44:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/30/2019 7:53:05 AM EST by hoody2shoez]
Just stopping in to say hi to swampfoxmike! Thanks for the info and I look forward to new optic information from you!

Edit***Also since people are suggesting reticles...

Would a simple lollipop style reticle with stadia lines for ranging be possible using a rds led for the top? Like literally just a post with cross sections without the illumination on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 4:24:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

That's awesome information. I just got one of the Brownell's RMR slides and was looking at the Holosun's. I'm just bummed I missed the sale over the weekend due to a DC trip. How is the 3 MOA dot on your Sig?
View Quote
I'm currently climbing Dryfire Mountain to acquire it quickly on presentation, since the Sig replaces the rear sight with the optic cut there's no way to use suppressor sights as "training wheels" for initial sight alignment on presentation. So, I do dryfire practice to try to get my presentation more consistent and find the dot faster, but I'm definitely not there yet. Once I find the dot for the first shot, sight re-acquisition for fast follow-up shots is no problem at all.

As distance increases the accuracy benefit gets very real. From 25-100 yards I can ring steel more quickly and more consistently than with irons. I'm still not 100% on a steel torso at 100 yards but the hit ratio is way better than with irons.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:08:35 AM EST
This looks to be what I'm wanting for my Grendel build.  Do you have a performance/satisfaction guarantee with your products?  This gun will be used to teach my twin boys and daughter about the AR15 platform, ballistic importance, and will also get some truck/hunting use.  If it can let me reliably hit at 600 yards and survive my barbarian horde I will buy multiples of them, thus is the joy of having twins.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 6:00:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/10/2019 6:01:42 PM EST by olds442tyguy]

Interested in a 1x as a substitute for red dots for people with astigmatism. I would like to compete vs. the Primary Arms Cyclops, which I think sets a high standard right now for an inexpensive, tough and clear 1x prism. I don't see 3x / 4x prism scopes flying off the shelves anymore no matter what price point or brand name. Prisms are what people are getting rid of to switch to LPVOs, in 2019. Maybe in the future the pendulum swings back the other way, but right now more shooters seem to want the flexibility of the LPVO instead of the simplicity of the prism.

EDIT: No sooner do I make this post then I get an email this morning. "Heyyyyy, so we think we have a really great optical design for a 4x prism scope, would anyone want one? We could make it out of 7075 like brand T does, if you think anyone would care about that..."
View Quote
Personally I think it's the opposite. Most everyone starts with a red dot and they love it. Until they get away from the cliche dank and dark 25 yard indoor range and start shooting at actual rifle distances.

Then you also have the stubborn guys using red dots past 100 yards thinking it works good enough, solely based on the fact they don't know any better. Magnification is not only easier, it's immensely faster from 50 yards and out. Most shooters will never realize that.

Admittedly my next purchase is going back to a lowly 1-4, but I think the lack of movement in the prism market is the fault of the manufacturers rather than the consumers. No one wants to pay $1000 for a poorly designed ACOG, nor do most understand the benefits. The PA and the Vortex are ho hum. Decent, but could be much better.

If you build it, they will come.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:50:11 PM EST
I'm currently climbing Dryfire Mountain to acquire it quickly on presentation, since the Sig replaces the rear sight with the optic cut there's no way to use suppressor sights as "training wheels" for initial sight alignment on presentation. So, I do dryfire practice to try to get my presentation more consistent and find the dot faster, but I'm definitely not there yet. Once I find the dot for the first shot, sight re-acquisition for fast follow-up shots is no problem at all.

As distance increases the accuracy benefit gets very real. From 25-100 yards I can ring steel more quickly and more consistently than with irons. I'm still not 100% on a steel torso at 100 yards but the hit ratio is way better than with irons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Welp, I bought a Kingslayer on D-Day so we'll see how it works.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:00:51 PM EST
So just a dot I connected, most of the daylight bright LPVO's aren't using etched reticles. The P4XI, Accupoint, VXR, and so forth. The P4Xi reticle is even made from aluminum which is incredibly lame.

I personally won't run a non etched reticle in anything that might see regular bumps and bruises, but something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 7:31:43 PM EST
Finishing up the website work this week, first batch incoming around the end of the month, look for them to be officially in stock early June.
View All Quotes
Any update on when the Patriot will be available?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 10:20:32 AM EST
If you guys could do a 2-8x or 2-10x by 30-33mm under $300, with a mil/mil reticle/turret combo that is illuminated you guys would sell boatloads.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 9:01:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/20/2019 2:51:46 PM EST by Swampfox_Optics_Mike]
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
Just got back from a ten day vacation to France and guess what, Patriot is scheduled to launch today. I got a LOT of work to do to make it happen!

EDIT: Oh hey look I dropped a Link around here somewhere. Seriously, I'm super proud of these.

Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:47:43 PM EST

Just got back from a ten day vacation to France and guess what, Patriot is scheduled to launch today. I got a LOT of work to do to make it happen!
View Quote
Well that was fast --> https://swampfoxoptics.com/patriot-series

Which one of these would be best for 6.5 Grendel Pistol & a 5.56 16" Carbine?  I am on a very tight budget so for my first ever rifle optic I need to be price sensitive so that I can also get a mount.  Any affordable recommendations on a QD Mount would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:56:38 PM EST

Which one of these would be best for 6.5 Grendel Pistol & a 5.56 16" Carbine?  I am on a very tight budget so for my first ever rifle optic I need to be price sensitive so that I can also get a mount.  Any affordable recommendations on a QD Mount would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote
I think the 6-24x50 is going to pretty big and bulky for a pistol build, and the 4-16x44 has plenty of magnification and clarity to get you out to 700, 800 yards which is the extreme of what I would expect out of a 6.5 Grendel pistol. So my recommendation is the 4-16x44 and you save some $$ that way too. Then the question is, do you want to think in MOA or MRAD mathematics? We have reticles matched to turrets in both.

On QD mounts, ugh. I like American Defense MFG but they aren't cheap. I don't know any cheap QD mounts that I would actually recommend for precision shooting. Getting cheap ones is asking for trouble in a precision application, if I were you I would think seriously about forgetting QD and going with a really solid non-QD mount, so you lose the ability to pull it on and off willy-nilly but you also lose the headache of shifting point of impact.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 3:09:04 PM EST

I think the 6-24x50 is going to pretty big and bulky for a pistol build, and the 4-16x44 has plenty of magnification and clarity to get you out to 700, 800 yards which is the extreme of what I would expect out of a 6.5 Grendel pistol. So my recommendation is the 4-16x44 and you save some $$ that way too. Then the question is, do you want to think in MOA or MRAD mathematics? We have reticles matched to turrets in both.

On QD mounts, ugh. I like American Defense MFG but they aren't cheap. I don't know any cheap QD mounts that I would actually recommend for precision shooting. Getting cheap ones is asking for trouble in a precision application, if I were you I would think seriously about forgetting QD and going with a really solid non-QD mount, so you lose the ability to pull it on and off willy-nilly but you also lose the headache of shifting point of impact.
View Quote
Thanks for the quick reply.  I agree that a 4-16 makes the most sense for these two applications.  As a mechanical engineer, my brain works better with MRAD mathematics so I'm happy to see that as an option.  Now I will research decent mounts.  I'm sure I will own an optic for each firearm at some point in time.  I also need a Kingslayer for a few pistols I have.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:59:58 PM EST
What is the weight of the Patriot line, your site does not show weight info.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 7:02:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Drifter75:
What is the weight of the Patriot line, your site does not show weight info.
View Quote
We are waiting on a mail scale to arrive so we can give a precise weight, but I put 24 oz. and 23 oz. up there for now as place holders. The question is, should we measure the scope with or without the flip caps installed? They are high quality but do add some weight, a mail scale would notice the difference.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:05:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
They offer Mil/LE discounts via 'ExpertVoice' - I just ordered the 1-4x and Mount for a 16" 1:9 Bushmaster 25th Anniversary Carbine circa 2003. Will be shooting Fusion MSR.
View Quote
Wonder if they would be willing to open it up to other first responders?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 3:53:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
They offer Mil/LE discounts via 'ExpertVoice' - I just ordered the 1-4x and Mount for a 16" 1:9 Bushmaster 25th Anniversary Carbine circa 2003. Will be shooting Fusion MSR.
The answer is "yes" and I can hook up first responders without having to go through Expert Voice now. I'm not supposed to put sales or coupon codes on the forums publicly because I don't have an Industry Partnership yet, so just email me or DM me, tell me what department or agency you are working for, and we'll chat about it.

Perks of being a small company -- I can handle this shit myself for you.
Downsides of being a small company-- oh crap, I have to handle all this shit by myself!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:05:22 PM EST
Forgot to ask, what is the pricepoint going to be for the illuminated 4-16x44 Patriot?  Debating if I should wait for it or just grab the non-illuminated model
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:52:04 PM EST
Forgot to ask, what is the pricepoint going to be for the illuminated 4-16x44 Patriot?  Debating if I should wait for it or just grab the non-illuminated model
View Quote
This is an estimate, not a promise, but we are hoping the added complexity of the illumination will only add $50-75 on top of the existing price of the scopes. Don't know what direction that tips the scales for you, but that's our best estimate right now. Illumination will be via CR2032 3v and controlled by a more complex knob on the left side of the scope that has both parallax and illumination adjustments, dial-on-top-of-dial. That's a pretty common solution and the one we are going with.

We did a product launch video today I'm super proud of, and want to share here if the mods will be kind and let me shill for a moment.

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 5:07:40 PM EST

This is an estimate, not a promise, but we are hoping the added complexity of the illumination will only add $50-75 on top of the existing price of the scopes. Don't know what direction that tips the scales for you, but that's our best estimate right now. Illumination will be via CR2032 3v and controlled by a more complex knob on the left side of the scope that has both parallax and illumination adjustments, dial-on-top-of-dial. That's a pretty common solution and the one we are going with.

We did a product launch video today I'm super proud of, and want to share here if the mods will be kind and let me shill for a moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WGu1DejqE
View Quote
I like it a lot, I hope it is as good as my 1-8. I let a couple guys shoot the rifle I had the 1-8 on and they were very impressed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:42:29 PM EST

View Quote
I put the 1x8 on my 12 inch grendel. Works sweet!
Page / 75
SwampFox Optics (Page 4 of 75)
Top Top