Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
As far as a universal weapon  light goes for the AR in 9 volt, is the M962 with throw levers still considered the best ? Or is there a comparable quality, less expensive product with the performance and reliability the SureFire has. I need a weapon light but I'm looking for a better price, they are expensive. Who does have the best Surefire prices out there?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
See Brightflashlights.  He's a dealer in the Industry Forum.  So far he's got everyone beat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If I could only own ONE Surefire for rail systems, it'd be my 962.

Its less compact than the 95-series, but weighs only a few ounces more and has a helacious output that works inside and out with a good battery run time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Lumpy196,

How long is the M962?  

I was thinking about the M951 for the lightness and it being small and compact.  I'd just be using it for my clubs "Low Light Carbine" matches and for "home" defense.  The 6V seems like it would do the job for that.

But if I was back in LE I'd probably want  the 9V.

Anyway...........what's your new Avatar?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How long is the M962?  

Anyway...........what's your new Avatar?

My 962 is 7.5" long v. my 951 6 1/16".  Both have the Z48 Click/momentary on switches however.  That is the length without lense covers.

The Alpha and the Omega, made of fire.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few Surefire Waepons lights,
But like Lumpy said, If I could only have one, it would be my M962SU05 with ARMS Throwlever and pressure pad.
It's rugged, stays put under long periods of fire and bright enough to light up my whole backyard.

Having a throwlever, it has a unlimited number of mounting possibilities for any weapon with a 3,6 and/or 9 0'clock picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Another vote for the 962
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys for the replies -- I haven't been in the AR15 world of information for a couple months(took a break) and just thought I'd ask your opinions. Kinda thought the m962 was still the best but was wondering if something new came out . RAMBOSKY -- I will look up that tip you gave me . One question though, Has anyone compared the throw of the standard bezzle against the turbo headed version. How many more yards can I clearly see for a good shot in a very dark open area. Thanks again. -- John.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks guys for the replies -- I haven't been in the AR15 world of information for a couple months(took a break) and just thought I'd ask your opinions. Kinda thought the m962 was still the best but was wondering if something new came out . RAMBOSKY -- I will look up that tip you gave me . One question though, Has anyone compared the throw of the standard bezzle against the turbo headed version. How many more yards can I clearly see for a good shot in a very dark open area. Thanks again. -- John.

John,  when the search feature comes back do a search on this.  Somebody posted some awesome pictures comparing the standard vs the turbohead/M972.  It throws the light out farther, but does this by narrowing and focusing the beam into a tighter pattern.  The trade off is you lose some peripheral illumination.

I have the M952, M962, and the M972.  Now I am waiting on the M982!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I could not be happier with my M962C. Its by far the best weaponlight  I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I love the M962 also, but I'm partial to the pushbutton tailcap over the tape switch.

Some of the parts for a current build project:
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted: ".........It's rugged, stays put under long periods of fire and bright enough to light up my whole backyard."

Damn, where do you live?  Your family must get upset everytime the enemy tries to over run your home.    

Originally posed by Lumpy196: "The Alpha and the Omega, made of fire."

I really liked your Avatar when I thougt you were Robert DeNero.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks AK Mike -- Will look for that search when its avilable -- John.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted: ".........It's rugged, stays put under long periods of fire and bright enough to light up my whole backyard."

Damn, where do you live?  Your family must get upset everytime the enemy tries to over run your home.    

LoL!
I guess I should've mentioned "long periods of fire" @ the range

As for 'lighting up' the backyard..... all the neighbors think I'm having weird light shows at strange hours of the morning!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top