Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 6:33:59 PM EDT
Is the surefire 9P a nice flashlight for the money? My buddy just got an A2 Aviator and i liked the feel of it. From what i have read the 9P is brighter than the A2 aviator.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The 9P is brigher, but also much larger.  The 9P takes 3 cells, vs the A2's two, and has a 1" OD body.

For the money, the 9P is one of the best surefire lights per the cost.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is the surefire 9P a nice flashlight for the money? My buddy just got an A2 Aviator and i liked the feel of it. From what i have read the 9P is brighter than the A2 aviator.

i own an 9p, i dont have an A2.

oh my yes.  its an AWESOME LIGHT for the money.  and i have to disagree with UVvis, there less than an inch difference between the A2 and the 9p, due to the A2s longer, and more complex switching system.

the 9p is brighter, and longer running than the A2.  The 9p isnt regulated, so there is some dimming over the life of the batteries.  with the cost difference between an A2 and an 9p, you can buy SO many batteries.

i know of one A2 that found its way into an integrating sphere, and it put out 72 lumens... so the claims of 50 lumens are VERY underrated. and because the light is regulated, it will put out the same # of lumens over its run time.

everyone i know that has an A2 says it has the WHITEST beam of any flashlight they own.

i am not trying to convince you to buy either, just passing on what i know.  try them both, & see what ya think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top