Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2017 3:28:56 PM EDT
I was looking to buy a closed tine warcomp for my mk18.  looking at the pictures it looks like the suppressor mount is further from the barrel shoulder than on the normal warcomp. Is this really the case for those of you that have these in hand?  I don't want more gap between the rail and suppressor than I have to.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have my SF can yet so this is the best I can do for you. But yes, it looks like the can would sit closer to rail with the pronged Warcomp.

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking to buy a closed tine warcomp for my mk18.  looking at the pictures it looks like the suppressor mount is further from the barrel shoulder than on the normal warcomp. Is this really the case for those of you that have these in hand?  I don't want more gap between the rail and suppressor than I have to.
View Quote

The shoulder difference is about 3/16" difference
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I wish they didn't make it longer. Going to get a 3 prong warcomp instead.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the non warcomp closed tine suppressor mount. Hope this helps.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Slightly off topic but to those who have run a Meyers 249F and a closed vs prong Warcomp what's your opinion on the Warcomp?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the pics. It all makes sense now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slightly off topic but to those who have run a Meyers 249F and a closed vs prong Warcomp what's your opinion on the Warcomp?
View Quote
I'm also interested. I'm assuming the warcomp is going to be flashier, but I wonder how much more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The closest thing I have to a 249F is the Meyers 556ASR mount for my SiCo cans. While it does a good job at suppressing flash on my MK18, it has the audible tuning fork sound which many hate. Recoil isn't bad at all. If I had to pick one and stick with it, I'd go pronged Warcomp all day long. It does a damn good job of killing the flash on the SBR and also the comp properties are nice. Just don't be on the right side of the rifle. You'll feel the concussion. The CTN is nice too but it's a compromise. Flash suppression is there but once in a while you can see "sparks" from the cage. The comp is feature is less than the pronged as well. It's neutral feeling though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top