Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 5:03:10 AM EDT
$250 bucks and SUPPOSEDLY the Seals have bought a bunch of them.  I have read good and bad about them and would like to hear from anyone with personal experience.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the SS16x42, and am VERY happy with it so far.

Since I have owned it for less than a week so my experience is limited.

Optics are very good.  Images are bright and clear to the edges.

Reticle is thin enough to be highly visible in low light, but obscures less than .25 MOA of your target.  Mildots are clear and precise.  The ranging is very accurate and easy.

Adjustable Objective rotates with effort, but not overly so.  It can be calibrated if the focus is off.

Target knobs are precise and easy to use.  They are slightly mushy, but the click is still tactile and audible.  They are actually infinitely adjustable.  There is 120 MOA of adjustment, which precludes the need for canted bases at long range.

The body feels very rugged and is fairly heavy.

Eye relief is long.

Cost is $300

You will probably not find any better deals out there for mid quality optics.

It is not a Leupold, of course, nor can I afford one.

Reasons I chose it:

1)  Price
2)  120 MOA adjustments
3)  Magnification
4)  Target turrets
5)  Mil Dot Reticle

There were simply too few scopes out there that filled all these requirements.

If I can afford it later, I may have to drop some more cash and get a "real" scope, but for now, I have to shoot within my means.

BTW - The SS scopes were made under a military contract with the Navy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Their is a good review of them at Sniper Country. I had one for my .308 (SS10x42)
and it was a nice scope for the money.
Actally I liked it better than the Leupold 6x mil dot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top