Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/3/2004 4:43:15 PM EST
This may sound like a dumb question, but I haven't had a lot of in-person experience with rail systems so please bear with me. I've ordered a new Bushy M4A3 type rifle and am looking into options for a rail system. I had assumed that the available systems required the removal of the FSB and FH but the more I read, I'm thinking that only the free-float types require this.

Can anyone offer some insight? Do the non-FF rail systems require FSB removal or do they fasten on like the regular handguards?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:46:56 PM EST
With the RAS and RIS, you don't need to remove anything but the handguards.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:49:08 PM EST
The RIS/RAS/, Surefire M73 and YHM slip right on like handguards, most of the FF require taking the FSB and barrel off, etc. There are a couple of hand guards that free float that can be done without taking the barrel off, the SIR and Troy industries are the only ones that come to mind, but I am sure there are more.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:14:30 PM EST
Get a RAS II (or Troy MRF, but I don't have experience with the Troy) and you can free float the barrel without removing the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:31:11 PM EST
The RAS II does free float, and does not require the removal of the front sight tower.

check out > www.quarterbore.com/library/pdf_files/rasii22243inst.pdf

Top Top