Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 2:52:04 PM EDT
aka the Entry stock from RRA. i'm thinking of getting one for my AR, and am just wondering if theres any real difference between BM stubby stock, and RRA entry stock. i think theyre the same size and all, and i'm pretty sure quality is comperable. so should i just go with the less expensive one?

and a n00b question to go with it...

How do i get the A2 stock thats on there now, off?

thanks a lot guys, you rock.

Dagger
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking at the stock from rock river arms.  I have tried it and I liked it, especially when I am wearing heavy clothing.  I have a question as well and I am hoping that someone can answer it too.  I have an armalite ar-15 with the green stock, will the green tactical stock match the green on my armalite.  I dont want it to look bad if I get it and the colors dont look right
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The new stubby stock will come with a new receiver extension (tube), buffer, and recoil spring.

To remove the current stock, point the muzzle straight down, the remove the upper butt stock screw.  When you pull up on the butt stock, the rear takedown pin's spring and detent is retained in the receiver by the front ejection side of the butt stock.

To install the shorter receiver extension, you use a wrench on the butt stock end of the receiver extension, but only slightly loosen the tube, then reach into the receiver and hold the buffer retaining pin and spring from flying out.  The end of the tube holds the pin/spring is place.

To install the shorter butt stock, just work backwards, remembering to re-install the buffer and take down detent pins.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i'm pretty short. so a nose / charging handle weld isnt so easy, but i figure with a stock 3" shorter it should be much more comfortable..
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The RRA Entry and the Bushmaster Stubby are the same stock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The new stubby stock will come with a new receiver extension (tube), buffer, and recoil spring.

To remove the current stock, point the muzzle straight down, the remove the upper butt stock screw.  When you pull up on the butt stock, the rear takedown pin's spring and detent is retained in the receiver by the front ejection side of the butt stock.

To install the shorter receiver extension, you use a wrench on the butt stock end of the receiver extension, but only slightly loosen the tube, then reach into the receiver and hold the buffer retaining pin and spring from flying out.  The end of the tube holds the pin/spring is place.

To install the shorter butt stock, just work backwards, remembering to re-install the buffer and take down detent pins.
View Quote

ahh thank you very much, this was very helpful. is there anywhere online where i can see pictures of all the above said being done? it all makes sense to me, but i'm not so sure of what some of the parts youre naming are. i'm not an expert.. yet!

thanks again for all the help.

DAgger
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/a2Stock.gif[/img]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/assembly/lower/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
you rock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
well, just put in my order for the stock from ADCO. now i just have to struggle through the week till it comes!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top