Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:01:51 AM EDT
Hey Gents

When storing 223 ammo for long term , How do you Gents prefer to store your ammo ?Leave it in the cardbored boxs in ammo cans with desiccant, or put your ammo on stripper clips in ammo cans with desiccant.ANY REPLYS WOULD HELP.  NEED MORE INPUT .
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, all my stash SHTF ammo goes on stripper clips packed in bandos and sealed in ammo cans then marked.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Personally, all my stash SHTF ammo goes on stripper clips packed in bandos and sealed in ammo cans then marked.

+1

There is a good piece in the Ammo Oracle that shpws how to properly load 840 rounds into 5.56mm cans. Cardboards are not used for this method, and only take up space.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do you seal them with anything I.E. Lead or just close it and latch it. I have heard of it done both ways
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you seal them with anything I.E. Lead or just close it and latch it. I have heard of it done both ways

*shrugs* As long as the seals on the ammo cans are good and you have some sort of dessicant, the ammo will out last you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use thin copper wire, and fishing lead sinks and a pair of pliers, I only do this so I know that those are SHTF only boxes (of course each box has a pack of desicant in it) . All of my blasting and target ammo I simply close the lid with a pack of dessi.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top