Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 9:22:25 PM EDT
I bought a Streamlight TL-2 that I wanted to mount on my ar-15. I decided to buy this model because it is more powerful than both the surefire 6p and scorpion and a better price. Only problem is that it is too small to use 1" rings to mount it and I cant find any smaller rings...suggestions on how to mount it..PLEASE!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Msokol13

just find a buddy with a lathe and have him cut out some reducer rings that are 1inch od, and what ever your light is,,ID,,piece of cake,,,
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
That probably wont be easy...i know no one with a lathe..anyone know what would be good to use as shims around the house. I want something that wont be effected by the water or snow.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
How much of a difference in dia are we talking?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
use the metal duct sealing tape.  It is aluminum,  make one layer try it then add as needed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
i measured the difference to be about a 1/4"
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i measured the difference to be about a 1/4"
View Quote

I would check out the hardware store. Look in the section with plastic or PVC piping. You may be able to find a section of plastic pipe, that you could split down the center making a shim that would slip over the light.

Or instead of splitting it down one side only, split it in half, making two shims that you can place 180 out from each other under the rings.

Hope that's clear enough. That's the route I would be looking at.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top