Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 12:48:03 PM EDT
Anyone know the difference between both of these laser light combos?

From the stats i could dig up, looks like feature are close to the same with the M6x being a little better (brighter light, deeper waterproof). Both look to cost the same - $220ish on Ebay. I want to jump on the 30% off Ebay deal and see if anyone has strong opinions one way or the other.

I will be mounting this on my LMT AR and like the flexibility of moving it to a future hand gun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 4 of the M6's and 2 M3's.For me is was a price difference of $100 each less for the Insight.I have them on 3 AR's a Kimber 45 and 2 Glocks.Other than replacing 1 bulb because of my error of dropping it I've had Zero issues with any of them.

Where I'm at the M6 sells for about $149.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone know the difference between both of these laser light combos?

The TLR-2 uses a 3 watt Luxeon LED; the M6x uses a xenon-filled incandescent bulb. The former is completely shockproof and has life expectancy measured in thousands of hours; the latter is "shock-resistant" and has a life expectancy measured in dozens of hours.

The brightness of the TLR-2 is electronically regulated - stays at nearly full brightness as the batteries discharge. The M6x is unregulated - brightness drops considerably as the batteries discharge (hence the "peak lumens" rating).

The TLR-2 has a rated run-time of 2.5 hours, the M6x is about 1 hour.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top