Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2008 12:48:03 PM EDT
Anyone know the difference between both of these laser light combos?

From the stats i could dig up, looks like feature are close to the same with the M6x being a little better (brighter light, deeper waterproof). Both look to cost the same - $220ish on Ebay. I want to jump on the 30% off Ebay deal and see if anyone has strong opinions one way or the other.

I will be mounting this on my LMT AR and like the flexibility of moving it to a future hand gun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:10:39 PM EDT
I have 4 of the M6's and 2 M3's.For me is was a price difference of $100 each less for the Insight.I have them on 3 AR's a Kimber 45 and 2 Glocks.Other than replacing 1 bulb because of my error of dropping it I've had Zero issues with any of them.

Where I'm at the M6 sells for about $149.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2008 5:12:43 PM EDT by Skibane]

Originally Posted By Tengun:
Anyone know the difference between both of these laser light combos?

The TLR-2 uses a 3 watt Luxeon LED; the M6x uses a xenon-filled incandescent bulb. The former is completely shockproof and has life expectancy measured in thousands of hours; the latter is "shock-resistant" and has a life expectancy measured in dozens of hours.

The brightness of the TLR-2 is electronically regulated - stays at nearly full brightness as the batteries discharge. The M6x is unregulated - brightness drops considerably as the batteries discharge (hence the "peak lumens" rating).

The TLR-2 has a rated run-time of 2.5 hours, the M6x is about 1 hour.
Top Top