Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:28:09 AM EDT
I have some new straight 20 Rnd mags labeled NHMTG S/42 HARTFORT, CT on the bottom and MFG 11-03 on the side. The Black plastic followers do Not have the Anti-Tilt feature. Should I replace these followers or is it not necessary since they are straight mags?
If necessary, what are the Best replacments?

I would like to be able to depend on these mags 100%.
Thanks for your comments..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not think the Magpul Generation II will work in a straight 20. You might want to check with Doug or Rich at Magpul.

CP
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#2]
20s don't need anti-tilts for certain, and most people with black followers in 30s don't have the problem either. AT's wouldn't fit anyway without modfification. the 20's standard plastic followers of today are fine except that they are inferior to the original aluminum followers.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
have you tried them yet?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would leave them as is.  MP followers are not designed for 20 round straight body mags.  I have a few similar Colt marked 20's that have seen regular use for about ten years and they work fine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all..

Quoted:
have you tried them yet?

No, not yet. I only gave them a good cleaning..

pulpsmack,
I have also found a couple of Colt pre-ban "like new" 20 Rnd straights with the aluminum follower. So it looks like they are good too!

Eric,
Which followers do your 20 Rnd Colts have?
Are they like the ones I posted above (Colt, Al)?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Eric,
Which followers do your 20 Rnd Colts have?
Are they like the ones I posted above (Colt, Al)?

I have a few commercial ones like you describe, with the black plastic follower.  Colt had shipped them with a 6721 several years ago.  Of course the earlier USGI alloy follower mags have always been solid performers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]
you can get aluminum followers for your 20rd mags here

http://www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=1509&Category_Code=AA
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top