Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 3:51:47 PM EDT
I just installed a collapasable stock onto my preban Colt 9mm.  It installed fine but I am wondering if I need to buy a 9mm buffer and spring for this stock or will the .223 buffer and spring that is came with work?  I would think that it is ok but figured I would ask for someone elses opinion.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont KNOW the answer to that question, but I did the same thing about two days ago and the gun ran fine with the same spring and buffer that was used on the fixed stock that came with the gun.
Wait, is this an upper or a whole Colt 9mm rifle ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
444-My rifle is a complete Colt PreBan 9mm.  I don't know if there is enough room to install the old buffer into the collapasable stock or not.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It will work with the .223 CAR buffer and CAR spring.

The buffer is actually different between the .223 and the 9mm (9mm one is heavier).

see:

[url]www.biggerhammer.net[/url]

I've heard that:

Semi auto no problem, though at F/A it WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
If you had a full length stock on your 9mm before you put the collapsible stock on it, then you should be using the regular CAR buffer and spring that would go with the collapsible stock.  You cannot use the buffer that went with a full length stock.  If you are shooting in semi auto only, then you do not need the heavier 9mm buffer.  The reason for using a heavier buffer is to slow down the rate of fire in full auto.  I use both the regular CAR buffer and the heavier 9mm buffer.  It depends on how fast I want the rate of fire to be.  But again, this is in full auto.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top